Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy: broken metatarsal, out for at least 6 weeks

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
FWIW, I think where possible, the fit players should remain in their usual positions, with the replacements slotting into the vacant spots - it keeps the existing framework. Shuffling players around (such as Bruno to CB, with someone else coming in at RB) disrupts things even more.

Spot On and absolutely correct.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
All will be forgotten when Uwe has a blinder and we hump Rotherham 0-6. Of course if we lose...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Actually feel a bit more positive by the news he may well be back before the season end. Let's hope it's not too bad a break/fracture (although does surgery suggest it is - or is this just because of what he does that we've gone down this route?). At least he should be fully fit for the play-offs should we end up there - It's just very key Dunk doesn't get the 3 yellows now - 1 will be worry enough - concentrate Lewis.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
And when, and when, and when. Keep changing the argument until it suits you.

You're right, we should've predicted Connor Goldson's heart scare, and Shane's ankle fracture/metatarsal injury. I'm sure if you were physio this wouldn't have happened.

Some are really losing their heads at the moment. Let's just remember that

Bruno
Uwe
Dunk
Rosenior

is a VERY good back 4.

It is, and we are supposed to be supporters. Some on here need to look up the definition of that word because maybe, just maybe the team could do with us at the moment.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Do we need to change our formation in view of our shortage of defenders?
Play 3 at the back and add cover in front by playing 5 in midfield?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
And when, and when, and when. Keep changing the argument until it suits you.

You're right, we should've predicted Connor Goldson's heart scare, and Shane's ankle fracture/metatarsal injury. I'm sure if you were physio this wouldn't have happened.

Some are really losing their heads at the moment. Let's just remember that

Bruno
Uwe
Dunk
Rosenior

is a VERY good back 4.

Yes it is.

Uwe would walk into most championship defences.

Jan 22, 2017
As someone else said it'a probably came at the best time possible - when you are playing the teams who are at the wrong end of the table or made table when you're going to be on the front foot most of the time. Not ideal obviously but could've been worse.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Dunk has to keep his mouth shut and leave it to Bruno now, can't keep getting booked for dissent.

I'm sure Uwe can do a job alongside Dunk. Failing that Tomori and Bruno can play CB.

When can we expect Pocognoli back?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Seeing as most were saying he'd be out for the season (he still could be, obviously) that's decent news. Especially with a 2 week international break in the middle

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And when Dunk gets his inevitable 3 match ban? We were too complacent around January, too much back slapping going on.

Last season we were criticised by one for not having a squadron of PL ready LBs in storage at Lancing. This year, we had four CBs at the end of the January window, but no extra PL ready ones kicking their heels ready to step in in the unlikely event of one of the CBs having a heart problem - obviously, according to you, we should have been prepared for this.
I hereby nominate you as this year's BG.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

FWIW, The young lad (Worrall?) who got MoM on Saturday is only 4th, possibly choice CB for Forest. According to Forest fans that I spoke to before the game he has been the best yet! Uwe coming in at this stage should be seen as a sign of our strength in depth this season. Yes, it is not the 1st choice pairing right now, but then neither was Dunk and Goldson last season and we embarked on the run that almost took us over the line. Personally, very comfortable with him in the side..

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Seeing as most were saying he'd be out for the season (he still could be, obviously) that's decent news. Especially with a 2 week international break in the middle
Apologies if mentioned previously.
I wonder if the Albion have access to one hyperbaric oxygen therapy chambers, that has been used before to speed up recovery?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Uwe is a good player or he wouldn't be playing for the club. Nothing to worry about. If we don't go up, it won't be because of Duffy being injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 9, 2012
perth
Time to man up. He's gone for the season.....

What happens after surgery?
For the first seven to 14 days after surgery, you may be allowed to weight bear through the heel, but some surgeons will not allow you to bear any weight on the injured foot. This could last as long as six weeks. Weight bearing in a removable walking boot is allowed after that. Patients can expect to return to full activity three to four months after a typical fracture. This includes returning to sports

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Rosenior- Dunk- Huenemier- Bruno doesn't concern me, in fact I still believe that's a very strong defence, it's what comes after that concerns me, full back depth is fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here