Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next season IF we are in the Premiership.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If we do get there than I'd imagine a good 16-18 of our squad will be given a chance along with additions to make up a 25 man squad that CH feels can steer clear of relegation

Let's get there 1st then worry about who should stay or go just 1 season in with the big boys will suit me so we can say we've finally made it but having said that we don't want to be a 1 season wonder and the club don't want to be either it's a get up and stay up for Tony to start getting his investment back

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Too early for this thread, but of the starting line up from last night only Stockdale, Duffy, Dunk, Knockaert would make it in the Premiership. Everyone else is a squad player who you wouldn't want to start next season. Murray/Pocognoli (or whatever) have shown they are not quite good enough. Bruno, too old. Norwood,Stephens and Murphy are too lightweight. Baldock flat out not good enough for the Premiership (but acceptable for now) Of the back up Sidwell shifted out of the Premiership like Murray so won't be good enough. Bong - no chance. Hemed not good enough. Solly, Goldson and Maenpaa could come through.

So we would need to strengthen quite deeply in my view.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yes THEY do I became a SUPERVISOR yesterday in the Southern Rail COMPLAINTS Dept so THERE

You probably deserve the Promotion Ernest. You must be rushed off your feet at the moment in that Department

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
I'm convinced we will be there. I hear too many supporters saying that Hughton should give those who get us there a chance to show if they can make it at the higher level. I totally disagree. I hope that Hughton and Co are strong enough to Wheel the axe where necessary. There should be no room for pleasantries. Onwards and upwards.

Completely agree, Murray is too old and not good enough, he must NOT be signed in Jan, we will need completely new strike force IF we make it up.

Dec 29, 2011
Too early for this thread, but of the starting line up from last night only Stockdale, Duffy, Dunk, Knockaert would make it in the Premiership. Everyone else is a squad player who you wouldn't want to start next season. Murray/Pocognoli (or whatever) have shown they are not quite good enough. Bruno, too old. Norwood,Stephens and Murphy are too lightweight. Baldock flat out not good enough for the Premiership (but acceptable for now) Of the back up Sidwell shifted out of the Premiership like Murray so won't be good enough. Bong - no chance. Hemed not good enough. Solly, Goldson and Maenpaa could come through.

Kayal

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Completely agree, Murray is too old and not good enough, he must NOT be signed in Jan, we will need completely new strike force IF we make it up.

Not good enough ?? His performances this season have been amongst the most accomplished I've seen from an Albion striker. Not just the goals, his flicks and holding the ball up, his defending. That flick/shot last night with his back to goal was amazing.

Disclaimer: by adding to this thread I am not in any way condoning it's existence but I just had to respond regarding Glenn Murray.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I can see where the OP is coming from, not many of our players are built for the rough and tumble of top flight rugby union. Massive rebuilding needed if we switch sports and play in the Premiership next season.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Jamie Murphy more than held his own against Premier League defenders when Sheff Utd went on their cup runs a few years ago. There are some players in the Premier League that are no better than he is but I do concede there are possibly better players out there who are better but when Jamie is on his game he can be as good as anyone. He just isn't consistent enough

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Premier league/Premiership, either is correct. Google The Premiership and up comes the choice of Premiership league table or results referring to the teams in the top flight of English domestic football. So to those who are trying to be clever in what they have posted, you might need to think again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here