Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia baffled after "bad performance" [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Sami Hyypia admits he was baffled after Albion’s 2-1 defeat at home to Middlesbrough.
The Albion boss was unhappy with the performance of his side but still felt they had an even share of the game.
He said: “I thought it was quite an even game. Middlesbrough showed their quality. Whey they had a chance they scored. Our performance wasn’t close to the best performances we have had.
“The performance was very bad but like I said that makes it maybe more difficult to understand because I thought the game was pretty even.
“When we had a chance we couldn’t score. They could sit back after the early which made it more difficult for us to break.”
Hyypia made a substitution at half-time in an attempt to change the course of the game, Chris O’Grady coming on for Danny Holla.
The Seagulls chief said: “In the first half we didn’t use the width enough. Maybe we didn’t have the guys in the middle in the front three who score a lot of goals from crosses.
“We decided to change things in the second half, try to use the width more, bring Chris O’Grady in so we would have a chance to score from a cross as well.
“Then came another early goal in the second half and it puzzles me a little bit that you change something, it is almost like going down the toilet in a few minutes’ time.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sami Hyypia admits he was baffled after Albion’s 2-1 defeat at home to Middlesbrough.
The Albion boss was unhappy with the performance of his side but still felt they had an even share of the game.
He said: “I thought it was quite an even game. Middlesbrough showed their quality. Whey they had a chance they scored. Our performance wasn’t close to the best performances we have had.
“The performance was very bad but like I said that makes it maybe more difficult to understand because I thought the game was pretty even.
“When we had a chance we couldn’t score. They could sit back after the early which made it more difficult for us to break.”
Hyypia made a substitution at half-time in an attempt to change the course of the game, Chris O’Grady coming on for Danny Holla.
The Seagulls chief said: “In the first half we didn’t use the width enough. Maybe we didn’t have the guys in the middle in the front three who score a lot of goals from crosses.
“We decided to change things in the second half, try to use the width more, bring Chris O’Grady in so we would have a chance to score from a cross as well.
“Then came another early goal in the second half and it puzzles me a little bit that you change something, it is almost like going down the toilet in a few minutes’ time.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

I do not like the 'toilet' theme mentioned agaiin, it was bad enough the first time againt Palarse in the play offs.
No excuses we have to start putting the ball in the back of the net. :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here