Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Gritt: Charlton Game is Six Pointer

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Former Brighton & Hove Albion boss Steve Gritt believes Saturday’s game against Charlton Athletic is a ‘six pointer’ for both clubs.

Gritt, who guided the Seagulls to Football League survival at Hereford in 1997, is also a legend at Charlton, having played, managed and coached the club.

Naturally he has mixed emotions on the outcome of the game, but hopes both clubs reach their respective targets by the end of the season.He told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s a big game, a real six pointer, with both sides needing maximum points for completely different reasons.
“Brighton are very much in touch with the play-offs again, with a good chance of making the top six, while Charlton need the points to pull away from the relegation zone.
“I really hope Brighton make the top six because the whole set-up at the club is geared towards the Premier League, while it’s crucial Charlton maintain their status in the Championship.
“They’re only one place above the drop but have a couple of games in hand, so I’m confident they’ll do enough to get out of trouble. They’ve had a couple of very good away results recently, so it won’t be an easy game for Brighton, but I just hope that both clubs have a happy outcome come the end of the season.”
Gritt is unable to attend Saturday’s game as he is currently assistant manager to former Albion youth team manager Steve Brown at Conference South club Ebbsfleet United, and is delighted to be back in the dug-out again.
“After I left Charlton’s Academy in 2010, I had taken up scouting roles at Southampton, Bournemouth and Birmingham, but it’s great to get the boots back on again and be out on the training pitch,” he adds. “The club had been taken over by a consortium led by former Charlton chief executive Peter Varney and last May I got a call from Steve to see whether I’d be interested in joining as his assistant.
“It was a no brainer for me and I’m loving every minute of it. I would have liked to come to the Amex this Saturday and was kindly invited by the club, who always make me so welcome when I visit, but we are away to Sutton United as we look to cement our play-off place.”
Steve takes us behind the scenes on that memorable day at Hereford in 1997 in this Saturday’s award-winning matchday programme Seagull, available at the stadium priced £3.50

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Former Brighton & Hove Albion boss Steve Gritt believes Saturday’s game against Charlton Athletic is a ‘six pointer’ for both clubs.

Gritt, who guided the Seagulls to Football League survival at Hereford in 1997, is also a legend at Charlton, having played, managed and coached the club.

Naturally he has mixed emotions on the outcome of the game, but hopes both clubs reach their respective targets by the end of the season.He told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s a big game, a real six pointer, with both sides needing maximum points for completely different reasons.
“Brighton are very much in touch with the play-offs again, with a good chance of making the top six, while Charlton need the points to pull away from the relegation zone.
“I really hope Brighton make the top six because the whole set-up at the club is geared towards the Premier League, while it’s crucial Charlton maintain their status in the Championship.
“They’re only one place above the drop but have a couple of games in hand, so I’m confident they’ll do enough to get out of trouble. They’ve had a couple of very good away results recently, so it won’t be an easy game for Brighton, but I just hope that both clubs have a happy outcome come the end of the season.”
Gritt is unable to attend Saturday’s game as he is currently assistant manager to former Albion youth team manager Steve Brown at Conference South club Ebbsfleet United, and is delighted to be back in the dug-out again.
“After I left Charlton’s Academy in 2010, I had taken up scouting roles at Southampton, Bournemouth and Birmingham, but it’s great to get the boots back on again and be out on the training pitch,” he adds. “The club had been taken over by a consortium led by former Charlton chief executive Peter Varney and last May I got a call from Steve to see whether I’d be interested in joining as his assistant.
“It was a no brainer for me and I’m loving every minute of it. I would have liked to come to the Amex this Saturday and was kindly invited by the club, who always make me so welcome when I visit, but we are away to Sutton United as we look to cement our play-off place.”
Steve takes us behind the scenes on that memorable day at Hereford in 1997 in this Saturday’s award-winning matchday programme Seagull, available at the stadium priced £3.50

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

OK. A six -pointer for both teams? How on earth does that work? Surely a six-pointer is about two teams competing for the same thing. Now, I have always had the greatest respect for Mr Gritt, but maybe that badly spelt graffiti that once appeared on the old West Stand wall was correct. "Grit believes Bellotti bulshit".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here