Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton on borrowed time now

Smoky McPot

May 12, 2009
I think my sense of irony might have been lost on you... Obviously I meant we should be 30 points clear by now...

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Think Burnley.

Dyche went up first time, didn’t invest massively, and went back down.
Kept largely the same squad together - ended up winning the Championship
Now - they are reaping the benefits.

This should be the model we are following - and stick with Hughton because there is nobody better about.

Edit: Obviously I would like us to not go down, but it wouldn’t be catastrophic if we did.

Larry

Feb 11, 2011
He must go he as lost his players he cannot motivate them and it all started the end of last season when he could not motivate the teamto win the Championship.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
spectacular cock-up with formation today. He's starting to show the signs of a manager who's sinking and loosing the plot.

Too defensive, no confidence in the players to play offensive football and i question if he's lost the dressing room with reports of knockert leaving the ground before kick-off.

Time to make an approach to nathan jones imo.

a r s e h o l e

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Think Burnley.

Dyche went up first time, didn’t invest massively, and went back down.
Kept largely the same squad together - ended up winning the Championship
Now - they are reaping the benefits.

This should be the model we are following - and stick with Hughton because there is nobody better about.

Edit: Obviously I would like us to not go down, but it wouldn’t be catastrophic if we did.

One of the most sensible posts made on NSC this season

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Spectacular cock-up with formation today. He's starting to show the signs of a manager who's sinking and loosing the plot.

Too defensive, no confidence in the players to play offensive football and i question if he's lost the dressing room with reports of Knockert leaving the ground before kick-off.

Time to make an approach to Nathan Jones IMO.

Bollocks. FFS. Go away now, please.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He must go he as lost his players he cannot motivate them and it all started the end of last season when he could not motivate the teamto win the Championship.

Another complete idiot. Lost the players? You must be Palace. Eff off.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Keep the faith even if we go down I would still have faith in CH and TB don't make the same mistake that Norwich and Newcastle did.
I am long term fan seen of the Albion from 4th division to the Premership.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Spectacular cock-up with formation today. He's starting to show the signs of a manager who's sinking and loosing the plot.

Too defensive, no confidence in the players to play offensive football and i question if he's lost the dressing room with reports of Knockert leaving the ground before kick-off.

Time to make an approach to Nathan Jones IMO.
So, by what score did you expect us to win today?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

CH couldn't even motivate the squad over a 46 game season to finish miles above all of:

Leeds
Villa
Norwich
Fulham
Hudd
Wolves
Reading
Derby
Cardiff
Massive

#HughtonOut

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I think it makes perfect sense, after all Chris Hughton has only:
1st Season - rescued us from almost certain relegation
2nd Season - got us into the playoffs
3rd Season - got us into the best league in the world
And as for the Chairman - what’s he ever done for Brighton and Hove Albion?
Yes, get in the bloke who’s got Luton to the top of League 2, before Chelsea snap him up to replace Conte!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Stupid wind-up merchant started this thread! :ffsparr:

Chris Hughton is the most experienced, professional manager we have had for a long time. I suppose you would like some excitable bloke who craves media attention..?..

CH is a massive asset . Kneejerk reaction is to "sack the manager" when his players fail to deliver the results ... Hold fast , have some backbone and cheer us on to survival .

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
everyone is entitled to their opinion but people trying to wind on fans on a day like to day is out of order...

I presume you’re over 16 ?

If so then stop being so precious.

If something like that really winds you up then perhaps a football forum isn’t for you .

Why can’t you just debate with the OP if you disagree ? Make him look a div with a coherent response to his poor argument.

It wouldn’t be hard as he’s already run away from his opinion as he’s not returned to the thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How can you say it was too defensive? Despite the result, we were more attacking in this game than we have been all season. The formation worked for me. Having 3 centre backs and two wingbacks, mean we have 5 in defence when we needed it, and 7 players to push forward when we we had the ball.

Personally, I would have preferred to have had Murray and Baldock up front, regardless of how well March played, and I would have had Bruno on the right, regardless of how well Schelotto played

Bruno, he of no defensive quality? You're mad

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here