Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] KFC - no chicken

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Darlington, Darlington DT, Darlington Retail Park, Yarm Road, Darlington, County Durham, DL1 4PU

Darlington, Darlington Albert Road, Unit 8, Albert Road, Darlington, Yorkshire, DL3 6RE

Thank L.Ron they are still open. I haven't been to either in months but I hate it when I don't have choice in food purchase.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How did this massive cock up happen?
Chickens come from a farm (factory) and must all end up in a central distribution centre (or may be five for UK). From there cooler lorries must collect and deliver. How can DHL make a mess of that?
They were discussing how KFC are the only major fast food chain without their own lorries, think about the McDonalds lorries everywhere.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Always lovely to see a company come completely undone by trying to shave yet another couple of quid off the bottom line. This is how life is in Tory UK 2018.

Feel sorry for all the kids on the front line tho, who are being 'encouraged' to take holidays, or are just not being paid.

On the bright side, for a few days the fat ****ers will lose weight![emoji23]

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I thought, but obviously wrong, it was due to the supliers going into administration. Or was that the company that supplied JDW.

Wrong BG , KFC tried to fix something that was working perfectly well and save a few quid and use DHL as their delivery company. Well done and people have lost jobs

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
They have about 5 months until my next scheduled visit. This better be sorted by then or there will be trouble

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Sometimes it takes events like this to show you how some people live. I can’t actually believe there are people who routinely eat KFC to the point where going a couple of days without it is genuinely a cause of anger. I can’t believe there are people who rely on KFC to feed their kids. And I can’t believe news outlets put these people in front of a camera and ask them about the chicken shortage in a way that seemingly justifies their anger to the public, when really they should be asking them how the hell it came to this. I’m not a food snob, I’ll eat fast food occasionally, but I am gobsmacked this lifestyle exists.

There was a survey last year that showed that 79m ready meals and 22m takeaways are consumed in the UK every WEEK. There was another one that stated that the average UK family eats out 3 times a WEEK.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Incredible. I’ve never bought a ready meal in my life. What box do they tick? It’s not cost, it’s not taste and it’s not health. So why buy them? Yet we’re eating an average of 1.2 per person per week!

Chuck them in a microwave and they are done. That's the appeal - keeps the kids quiet and the parents can carry on watching the TV with little, if any, interruption.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Incredible. I’ve never bought a ready meal in my life. What box do they tick? It’s not cost, it’s not taste and it’s not health. So why buy them? Yet we’re eating an average of 1.2 per person per week!

It's variety that you don't have to cook yourself.

Personally I have never ever tried to cook myself except that one time in Cuba on the beach.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i enjoyed the pr line "getting fresh chicken out to 900 restaurants across the country is pretty complex!". not really in the grand scheme of things, its pick up from supplier and drop off at destination. something the previous supplier did happily.

its few days now, so i reckon theres more to this than simply mucking up delivery schedules.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here