Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BBC announce their World cup team.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Forget this lot: let's wheel out the ITV line-up from 1974: Clough, Charlton (Jack of course, not his softie bro), Dougan and Allison, hosted by the incomparable Brian Moore. Not a bird in sight, but plenty of sideboard action. Bloody men - and hard! - or not?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Please please please don't have an ex-referee who the commentators rush to as soon as a decision is made.

"That ball doesn't appear to be in the correct place for a corner kick, as I haven't got a ****ing clue about the rules of the game, lets go to former referee Howard Webb so see what he thinks"

"Well quite clearly the circumference of the ball is within the correct area, the ball itself doesn't have to be touching the line, you thick ****"

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I will have to dodge around a bit to avoid the whiney John Murray, but that lineup is not too bad.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It’s a stellar line up but it will need to be going up against ITVs big guns, Tyldesley, Dixon, Keane, Geremi, Petit, Hoddle, Townsend, Lescott, Pulis and Strachan.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It’s a stellar line up but it will need to be going up against ITVs big guns, Tyldesley, Dixon, Keane, Geremi, Petit, Hoddle, Townsend, Lescott, Pulis and Strachan.

Townsend not first???!!!!

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Isn't Partridge making a comeback on the BBC? This could be the perfect fit for him.

hqdefault.jpg

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Speaking of women in mens football, is it Sian Massey that is currently a lino in the PL? I find her to be one of the most consistently decent in the league. It blows my mind that people can be against this stuff. As long as they're there on merit then I am all for it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The ONLY good thing about ITV's coverage is Roy Keane sitting there fuming and looking as if he's about to rip the head off whoever he's disagreeing with.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just thinking if C5 were doing the WC, who would they have for punditry heaven?
Alan Pardew-comedy element
The Chuckle brothers-serious issues
Steve Claridge-sleep analysis
Schteeve McLaren-language expert
Maradona-cheat expert
Haha-diving expert

Anymore........

Take out Steve Claridge, he's all right l reckon. :albion2:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sorry, moan alert!
ITV and commercial radio can do what they want.
But as for the BBC and my license fee money..... YOU DONT NEED TO BE IN RUSSIA.
Except for some commentators, reporters and some technical staff.
Sick of seeing Lineker and the 'pundits' and uncle tom cobbley having a freebie in 5* hotels and unlimited expense accounts swanning it up for a couple of hours a day on the TV.
We will go out in the first round but they will still be there right up to the final.
Seeing them living it up in Rio made my piss boil.
Oi, BBC, nooooooooo, stay in Manchester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here