Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emiliano Sala [signed by Cardiff, confirmed to have been on missing aircraft]

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
French media have reported that there was another person due to be onboard the flight, who refused to fly over concerns about the aircraft itself. I don't speak French and don't have the link to the site, a colleague was reading it out to me. I know it's easy to say in hindsight that it was a bad decision to fly, but that plane over water at night?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
French media have reported that there was another person due to be onboard the flight, who refused to fly over concerns about the aircraft itself. I don't speak French and don't have the link to the site, a colleague was reading it out to me. I know it's easy to say in hindsight that it was a bad decision to fly, but that plane over water at night?

What difference does it make being at night? Single prop planes fly over water all the time.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
What I find odd is that there has been no mention of a 'Mayday' radio call from the plane. Not only are there are airports (obviously) at Jesey and Guernsey but also one in Alderney. The local airline - Aurigny - used to be based there (dunno if they still are) Might I point out that many aircrew in WW2 survived for pretty long periods in little rubber boats in that part of the sea, But these days such boats usually have emergency beacons. No mention of these either.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is that correct? The plane that Bissouma and Ali J traveled on looked much more modern then the Piper Malibu?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I've been trying to remember the useless striker who used to play for Blackpool, that flew into Shoreham Airport on transfer deadline day. I'm pretty sure that wasn't a jet. It was around 2012. I think he came from Swansea.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've been trying to remember the useless striker who used to play for Blackpool, that flew into Shoreham Airport on transfer deadline day. I'm pretty sure that wasn't a jet. It was around 2012. I think he came from Swansea.

Dobbie

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why fly at night over the channel in poor and worsening weather conditions, in a shitty light aircraft with one pilot carring a £15m live asset on board?

It's the sort of situation that'll have some really trivial justification attached to it. (and money, it's always money)

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Why fly at night over the channel in poor and worsening weather conditions, in a shitty light aircraft with one pilot carring a £15m live asset on board?

From his whatsapp message he had training the next day. Why his representatives put him in that thing rather than a jet I guess we will never know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here