Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] McAfee ad pop whilst on NSC

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Twice now whilst on NSC [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I have had a full page pop-up saying my antivirus expired today (Never had McAfee) Swiftly followed by a google warning about the site. I haven't experienced this elsewhere, only on NSC. Anyone else had it?

Last one was whilst reading the latest Rooney thread.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Twice now whilst on NSC [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I have had a full page pop-up saying my antivirus expired today (Never had McAfee) Swiftly followed by a google warning about the site. I haven't experienced this elsewhere, only on NSC. Anyone else had it?

Yup, several times

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I'm getting the Mac equivalent (Mackeeper or some such crap) popping up persistently on NSC for the last couple of days.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

Last one was whilst reading the latest Rooney thread.

I do still come on here, however I have to say that the amount of ADS on here is ridiculous.All other sites seemingly plagued have been binned off my list.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Had the Mackeeper one a fair few times recently, not any pattern to it that i've seen though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - just been kicked off of NSC and this popped up instead in the same Chrome tab

NSC.jpg.png

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patreon
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Urggh.. this has started happening again. Anyone else?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When this happens can you please post the URLs you are taken to, ideally two of them...

1. The ultimate URL you are taken to.
2. By clicking and holding on the back button of your browser to see the first URL you were taken to, as you may have been taken through a series of redirects.

With these I can get the ads blocked, without them it's tricky.

This has never happened to me which adds to the trickiness in resolving this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here