Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coventry at HOME

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So we have to give Cov 4,500, but could we actually give them more if they had the demand? I can't see Albion shifting more than 20,000 for this one, so personally I'd prefer an away end with 6,000 onstead of 4,500 - it all adds to the atmosphere.
The only way to give Coventry more is give them all of WSU, or all ESL, or all ESL + ESU etc.

For any of these options a large amount of season ticket holders would not get the option on their usual seats.

Not on, really.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So we have to give Cov 4,500, but could we actually give them more if they had the demand? I can't see Albion shifting more than 20,000 for this one, so personally I'd prefer an away end with 6,000 onstead of 4,500 - it all adds to the atmosphere.

I think 4500 of them will make plenty of noise...its up to the club now to price this so we sell loads of seats to the home fans.....and a 3pm would help

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The only way to give Coventry more is give them all of WSU, or all ESL, or all ESL + ESU etc.

For any of these options a large amount of season ticket holders would not get the option on their usual seats.

No on, really.
I agree if that is the case, but I thought there was the corner of the ESL that could be given over?

Never going to be more than 4500.

The only realistic option would be go give them the SW corner too, but even this would mean re-housing a large number of season ticket holders. Some are already going to need to be rehoused as it is.

I would rather we concentrate on a decent turnout to ensure a sellout. There will already be 1500 less tickets than for most prem games

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Fantastic draw. Coventry fans have had a very tough last ten years (or longer). They'll fill out their allocation easily.

Was hoping for Sheffield United as I've got a soft spot for them and one of my best mates has a season ticket at Bramall Lane. Another huge team who have had a lean time.

Well, 'leanish', compared to Coventry! We have had many connections with the Blades over the years, Micky Adams, Bob Booker, Danny Cullip, Jamie Murphy at al, and now Chris Wilder and Paul Watson. If we had of drawn them, they would have given us a very tough game indeed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hmmm on paper you are right, but Coventry are a well suppoted club, their fans will come in numbers, and they will have nothing to lose. Thats the beauty of the cup though l guess.
They've never been that well supported to be honest - a lot worse than us historically.

I went to their last home game of the season in 1987 - the game before their cup final win. Although there were 22,000 there to see that one, they opened that season with a gate of just over 10,000 against Arsenal!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Does anyone know when tickets go on sale for the Coventry game? For season ticket holders in particular.
We don't even know the date it is yet. Once that is announced, ticket dates and details will follow quickly.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Never going to be more than 4500.

The only realistic option would be go give them the SW corner too, but even this would mean re-housing a large number of season ticket holders. Some are already going to need to be rehoused as it is.

I would rather we concentrate on a decent turnout to ensure a sellout. There will already be 1500 less tickets than for most prem games

Well if recent past experience is anything to go by, playing a League Two side at home in any of the cups, won't ensure anything even close to a sell out. Look at the Palace game, yes l know it was on tv, but if we can't fill the ground when we are playing our fiercest rivals, then how on earth will we be able to this time around?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well if recent past experience is anything to go by, playing a League Two side at home in any of the cups, won't ensure anything even close to a sell out. Look at the Palace game, yes l know it was on tv, but if we can't fill the ground when we are playing our fiercest rivals, then how on earth will we be able to this time around?
Saturday, right price, the Amex will be bursting.

Jan 2012, Saturday, 3rd round :

Albion v Wrexham : 18, 573

The AMEX was a 20K stadium in 2012.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
They've never been that well supported to be honest - a lot worse than us historically.

I went to their last home game of the season in 1987 - the game before their cup final win. Although there were 22,000 there to see that one, they opened that season with a gate of just over 10,000 against Arsenal!
I'd be very surprised if the opening sentence of this is true.

The mid-80s were a time of low crowds everywhere (e.g. full on Brighton/Palace league games attracting 8K) so that stat is pretty irrelevant.

My guess about Coventry is that they are historically similar in support to us and actually have a healthy edge in real fanbase, despite more local competition, due to more top flight seasons...?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd be very surprised if the opening sentence of this is true.

The mid-80s were a time of low crowds everywhere (e.g. full on Brighton/Palace league games attracting 8K) so that stat is pretty irrelevant.

My guess about Coventry is that they are historically similar in support to us and actually have a healthy edge in real fanbase, despite more local competition, due to more top flight seasons...?
Yep, probably true. They're similar to us in reality.

Because last time...

Awful timing on a Monday night
Just after Christmas
Not hugely attractive pricing
A train strike
2 rounds earlier in the cup
The fact it's Palace means many avoid
First school day back, hence no kids
All the reports of hassle at the previous Palace game a few weeks before

And this time....

A good chance to be in the QF's for the first time in a generation
You will most likely see Ulloa this time
Away team not limited to 2000 tickets with another 3000 tickets deemed not for sale
A chance for BHA to show we do care about the cup after the negative publicity about the attendance in the 3rd round
The club (hopefully) will have learned not to overprice tickets

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here