Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Russell Bishop GUILTY of 1986 Wild Park Murders.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yeah. I'm interested in why he didn't get done first time, given how Harty has said it as if it's a fact it's because of the police.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Potential cross contamination of the exhibits. From my vague memeory (and I may be corrected) there was the potential that the jumper which was so important had potentially been kept near something which belonged to to Bishop whilst in police possession.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Potential cross contamination of the exhibits. From my vague memeory (and I may be corrected) there was the potential that the jumper which was so important had potentially been kept near something which belonged to to Bishop whilst in police possession.
So how come that is no longer a problem?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So how come that is no longer a problem?

They didn’t just rely on the jumper this time. There was bishops DNA on one of the girls that they hadn’t been able to examine before.

As you know, in the previous trial all the defence had to do was create reasonable doubt

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
How did they mess it up, out of interest? Bare in mind it's taken technology not available for another 20 years to get him.

Yeah, I was wondering that. I don't remember all the details from last time, but reading about the case this time I was impressed by how much care had been taken back in the 1980s by the pathologist and the police to preserve evidence in case forensic analysis techniques improved in the future (as they did). The pathologist this time said there was absolutely no chance that evidence (certainly with regard to the Pinto sweatshirt) had become cross-contaminated because of the way it had been preserved. And also given that the Double Jeopardy law was in place then not just chucking it all away was a real act of faith that justice would one day be done.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
They didn’t just rely on the jumper this time. There was bishops DNA on one of the girls that they hadn’t been able to examine before.

As you know, in the previous trial all the defence had to do was create reasonable doubt
I don't know v much about the original trial at all but had followed this quite closely and thought the damning match was DNA on the jumper?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How about the guy that killed Lee Rigby? In front of many witnesses and cameras, please explain how you cant be 100% sure he is guilty of that crime when you can actually track the man from the crime directly to his arrest with no chance of him being the wrong person?

It could have been someone else in the videos and someone else doing it in front of the witnesses. He could have hired a double and dressed them the same then switched... I’m sure he’s 99.9999% guilty btw.

I actually feel a bit silly typing that, but hope you get the point I was making!

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
It could have been someone else in the videos and someone else doing it in front of the witnesses. He could have hired a double and dressed them the same then switched... I’m sure he’s 99.9999% guilty btw.

I actually feel a bit silly typing that, but hope you get the point I was making!

Haha i mean its a good effort. I see the point you could make in each case, but I think youd have to accept that in some cases the point youd have to come up with would be so out of this world fantastical that you couldn't lend it even 0.00001% credibility in the real world.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Or better still, give it a wide berth. It's a whodunit that most people knew who dun it thirty years ago

It's The Prosecutors, a couple of whom I know. It's more about the legal stuff that was done to bring about a conviction.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I found it really interesting and extremely sad, Bishop hasn’t just taken two lives, as one of the Uncles said it’s also about ripples in a pond, and the impact it’s had on a number of people.
One very sad aspect was a text I received about 9.45pm from an mate, who is extremely level headed, and asked the question was one person in the documentary ‘a doting parent or clearly a wrong un?’
Unfortunately that’s never going to go away, so has Barrie Fellows also a ‘life sentence’, all be it different to Bishop’s?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Watching on ITV now. Fascinating and very sad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here