Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Pete Shelley

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
RIP. Spiral Scratch was my favourite first release among Damned, Clash, Pistols and Buzzcocks. Oh my - New Rose, Whte Riot and Anarchy in the UK. We won't see an onslaught like that ever again.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
RIP Pete, now up there with Vicious and Strummer.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, I must have had some sort of premonition as I was singing I Believe when I was cooking tea this evening. What a great band the Buzzcocks were. I saw them in the Vault in January 1977 when Shelley played his sawn-off guitar and they only had a handful of songs. I saw them many times after that and they were always superb.

His disco record, Homosapien, was pretty damn good too.

[yt]2HwmO_GZfzI[/yt]

RIP

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
That’s very sad.
Buzzcocks was the first gig I ever went to. I was 14 and it was at the Top rank Brighton 1978 when the placed got trashed. Brilliant night.
Unlike with many other punk bands I’ve not got tired of listening to the buzzcocks.

i was there too , the crowd got to their stuff before the roadies , all because they wouldnt do an encore on top of their 40minute set !
Thats what they got !
RIP Pete

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Sad news and not that young, most of us would have grown up with Buzzcocks music and he was quite a producer to in his own right as well.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Saw the Buzzcocks back in the late 1970s ever fallen in love was the perfect teenage pop song 63 is no age and as a contemporary of myself I am finding as each year passes so do so many others RIP thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Just woken up to see this. Crap start to the day. As others have said, another huge chunk of my youth gone. Up there with Strummer (who also died in December) in terms of influence and the creator of so many wonderful songs and memories. RIP Pete and thanks x

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here