Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Huddersfield and Palace up next. Anyone feeling a bit twitchy?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I’d be very surprised if we take more than one point from Huddersfield, Palace and Burnley. We’ve lost the plot, we have no momentum and the time has come for us to get what our performances for a long time have deserved.

My feelings are very much along these lines too. Hope the manager/team prove us both wrong.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Twitchy ?

No ...

Feeling unlucky, Punk ?... ???

Not a chance.

2 more points before Christmas Day and....
Up We Stay ;) *love it* ;)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My prediction is we will go 1-0 up in first 20 mins and then try to defend for 70 mins (plus injury time). They will score around 80 mins after we haven’t given their goalkeeer a touch since scoring. We will either then see it out OR lose a last minute winner. CH will then comment that we have to take our chances and they are a very good team!
Same old tactics every week I’m afraid!

Don’t forget the like-4-like substitutions on 70 minutes.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I bloody hate going to Huddersfield. Horrible journey, nasty town, grotty pub, tatty ground, clackers, drum, and they ALWAYS BLOODY BEAT US. But I wouldn’t miss it for the world. C’mon Albion!

Certainly not grotty pubs if you do some research.. In fact maybe even better than Derby and Nottingham for good boozers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thought we were great first half. Play like that and we will pick up points consistently

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Until the manager gets hold of them at half time and screams 'what the fook are you doing, I hardly recognise you'.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Certainly not grotty pubs if you do some research.. In fact maybe even better than Derby and Nottingham for good boozers.

I’ll get my Netflix AND pub research done today. Hopefully can narrow it down to just the football spoiling an enjoyable day out.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I can't see us getting anything from either game unless our tactics change. We are almost always far too negative when we take to the pitch, especially in away games. I really think we could lose by three or four goals next weekend. although I hope I'm wrong, of course.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Last year’s away game at Huddersfield was the worst I saw all season (I didn’t go to West Brom); they could/should have beaten us 4 or 5 nil. It was also the oddest team selection with Brown and Schelloto on the wings and Knockaert dropped from the squad completely, despite travelling. It surely can’t be any worse this season, can it? I

Huddersfield performance was much worse than West Brom
But I’m going again just to see if it can’t get any worse[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
That'll be zero points then

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Funny isn't it, how when we win, they are lucky wins (even though we kept clean sheets in the 3 recent wins), yet when we get beat we are shite and Chris Hughton's tactics are negative...

Funny ol' game, ain't it?

You say that as if there is some sort of contradiction there. 'Lucky win' = we didn't play well, tactical choices were wrong, fortune was the reason we won; 'get beat we are shite' = didn't play well because the tactics were wrong.

It's actually entirely consistent.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Brighton have taken the lead in 6 PL games this season, won 4, drew 1 and lost the other. I’d say those tactics are working fine?

WERE working fine. The last two teams have worked us out and realised that once we go ahead we have no intention of trying to attack and so they can go at us as we invite more and more pressure.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Never seen so many pessimists in one place. Anyone would think we are in the bottom 3 but we are 12th! 6 points well earned in my rose tinted opinion.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Please Chris, just take the handbrake off for these two VERY winnable games... thank you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, these 2 teams seem to generally get the better of us.

I suspect nul points vs Huddersfield for a start.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We were Shyte at home to Huddersfield last season.

Nil points at Huddersfield, maybe a point at home to palarse, but if we play like we have done in the last 6 games and retreat at the first opportunity, I almost expect Palace tear us a new ******** and we get stuffed, if it enforced a shake up and some hairdryer treatment behind closed doors it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here