Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would your transfer policy be this summer?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My guess is 3 players we've never never heard of, a surprise key signing we have and think Wow, and, statistically speaking, a complete dud a la Manu.

Don't forget loans too. Suspect we shall have at least one season long. Tomori is unlikely to break into Chelsea next season and would be a great start.
Tomori (loan or permanent) would be a good start, and if we could borrow Tammy Abrahams and Izzy Brown too, that would be good.

Is there a limit on the number of loans we can have in the squad/matchday squad/team? I know some people don't like loans - but if you get the right loans, there's no good argument against. After all, does anybody think that Wayne Bridge on loan was detrimental to the team, or Sidwell last season, or Murray and Tomori this year?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Break the bank on ONE MAN:

football-daniele-de-rossi-roma_2996062.jpg

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Agree with most of the sentiments on here. We need to take advantage of this teams incredible spirit. Players deserve a chance. So the tough decision will be getting rid of a few players the management think either a) won't be up to it or b) have nothing to offer off the pitch. Then we need to make sure the players we get in add something in terms of quality. 3 or 4 marquee signings should be enough...
BUT, that's easier said than done- last summer it seemed the going rate for an established players was about £30mill and we know how expensive even Championship players have become...
Tomori on a perm and Abraham on loan would be a great start. Think Poc is worth a bid and we MUST get Stockdale and Stephens signed up.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Tomori (loan or permanent) would be a good start, and if we could borrow Tammy Abrahams and Izzy Brown too, that would be good.

Is there a limit on the number of loans we can have in the squad/matchday squad/team? I know some people don't like loans - but if you get the right loans, there's no good argument against. After all, does anybody think that Wayne Bridge on loan was detrimental to the team, or Sidwell last season, or Murray and Tomori this year?
2 loans in total, not 100 % sure on that though ??? Maybe that's just from English clubs.

They can change in the January window, I think.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here