Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Theuns didn't have a big enough handicap riding with my money on his back, such a glowing tribute from Kelly & Kirby ought to have him abandoning before the first sector.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***HELP NEEDED***

I know this is a long shot but does anybody know anyone in Yorkshire, who can help me out with a potential ebay purchase? (Wakefield to be precise)

There's a knackered Bianchi with a sound frame (currently) going cheap and ideal for Jnr, but I'm fairly stuffed on the logistics.

Any help would be appreciated even if it's just collecting the bike and keeping hold of it while I sort out phase II.

The auction ends tonight.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
***HELP NEEDED***

I know this is a long shot but does anybody know anyone in Yorkshire, who can help me out with a potential ebay purchase? (Wakefield to be precise)

There's a knackered Bianchi with a sound frame (currently) going cheap and ideal for Jnr, but I'm fairly stuffed on the logistics.

Any help would be appreciated even if it's just collecting the bike and keeping hold of it while I sort out phase II.

Sorry mate. All my northern friends have seen the light, and live down south.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
***HELP NEEDED***

I reckon a new thread and someone in NSC will help. Those norfeners ain't arf friendly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oi [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] as you're about I need to get an irrational rant off my chest.

Your freakin route on Saturday is doing my head in.
Couldn't you guys have done something, anything, to stop going on the same bleeding roads.

Sure Coombes and Storrington is a little lumpier but anything has got to be better than the same bleeding roads.

Aarrrrggghhhhhh.

And relax.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Oi [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] as you're about I need to get an irrational rant off my chest.

Your freakin route on Saturday is doing my head in.
Couldn't you guys have done something, anything, to stop going on the same bleeding roads.

Sure Coombes and Storrington is a little lumpier but anything has got to be better than the same bleeding roads.

Aarrrrggghhhhhh.

And relax.

It's a social ride and we like it. :p

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a social ride and we like it. :p
The thought of me on that social ride route is genuinely making me laugh out loud.

i guess that's why I never get invited on 'social' rides!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
The thought of me on that social ride route is genuinely making me laugh out loud.

i guess that's why I never get invited on 'social' rides!

You'll have to ask the boss (Tricky) if you can join us one week. A little tip for you, he doesn't like me having brown sauce with my sausage roll, he thinks it's a northern thing. Reds ok though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You'll have to ask the boss (Tricky) if you can join us one week. A little tip for you, he doesn't like me having brown sauce with my sausage roll, he thinks it's a northern thing. Reds ok though.
I wasn't trying to invite myself, I genuinely don't think I physically ride that route.
The one thing it wouldn't be is 'social' :lol:

Although he's not wrong about the sauce.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:rolleyes: red is for chips.

You've sorted collection for the bike then. :thumbsup:

TBH any sauce on a sausage roll is wrong, but I didn't want to go down that route either.
So went for the least objectionable opinion, or red sauce as it's more commonly known. :lol:

Yeah thanks your link will bring it back for about £50, I've just got to work out my max spend on the bike.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
TBH any sauce on a sausage roll is wrong, but I didn't want to go down that route either.
So went for the least objectionable opinion, or red sauce as it's more commonly known. :lol:

Yeah thanks your link will bring it back for about £50, I've just got to work out my max spend on the bike.

Well, being a vegetarian hippy, the whole idea of a sausage roll is just plain wrong.

but you are still wrong and I am still right.

:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, being a vegetarian hippy, the whole idea of a sausage roll is just plain wrong.

but you are still wrong and I am still right.

:)

'I am a vegetarian' followed by 'I am still right', has me wondering about the specific dictionary definitions of sarcasm and irony.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Booo the bike in Yorkshire, I was hoping to get for Jnr, went for a still seemingly 'cheap' £106.

During the day I've been doing some due diligence, and blimey charlie second hand bikes have got rather expensive.

On a completely different matter entirely.
I might pop down to Southampton to pick myself up a secondhand Principa frame. :lol:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Booo the bike in Yorkshire, I was hoping to get for Jnr, went for a still seemingly 'cheap' £106.

During the day I've been doing some due diligence, and blimey charlie second hand bikes have got rather expensive.

On a completely different matter entirely.
I might pop down to Southampton to pick myself up a secondhand Principa frame. :lol:

On a more positive note, thanks to [MENTION=19020]ferring seagull[/MENTION] (and to SB for mentioning his desire for a bike on this thread) I have got a lovely bike for Pogue Junior to replace the one stolen earlier this year.

Thanks FS!

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This is a good day to have off. Been watching the track Worlds, now swapped over to Brabantse Pijl on Eurosport.

Reinvested my GVA winnings on Gilbert 5-2; Colbrelli 10-1 and Teuns 66-1. About to get poorer no doubt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here