Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As we bask in our glory....... Spare a thought and reflect .

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Very powerful. Made me emotional. It's like going back twenty years to the Goldstone. Similar villains, similar passionate fans. I really hope they get back on track.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Nearly cried watching that, so much like what we went through, hope they get the same 'rise from the ashes' that we did.

Exactly so hope they rise again . Have to admit the vid brought a tear to my eye .

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Very powerful. Made me emotional. It's like going back twenty years to the Goldstone. Similar villains, similar passionate fans. I really hope they get back on track.

Yes indeed .

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Compulsory viewing for all as SUA Seagull stated .

theboybilly

In my opinion that league should only have one team relegated each season.

Totally agree. Many are calling for 'three up, three down' on the false premise that it will make it easier for failing clubs to get back into the EFL. But what if it doesn't, or a club ends up yo-yoing? When do they go part-time? Do they play with the livelihoods of their staff? I wish they would stop thinking of the Vanarama Premier as the '5th Division' - it isn't in reality

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
A very sobering video, it's a complete inversion of our own fortunes, but it's still one I'm sure many Brighton fans can relate with. Best of luck to the O's and hopefully they will be back in the EFL sooner rather than later.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
In my opinion that league should only have one team relegated each season.

That would make it extremely hard for clubs to move up at all. The opposite of clubs moving up like the Albion is that there must be clubs that move down. That is why I love English football. The passion when your club does fall and the desire to come back. Ask Villa, Boro, Hull, Reading, etc.

I do agree there needs to be something done about owners such as Becchetti who are negligent about their duties as owners. But to change the promotion and relegation system is not the answer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very sad and a stark reminder of how close we came to going the same way. Can we arrange a pre-season friendly with them and give them massive support from fans of a club who know what they are going through.

Singing "We'll never play you again" the last time we met doesn't seem so funny any more :down:

I'd still like to take a "Scott McCleish is a wanker" banner though :smile:

Last edited:

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
"Can we arrange a pre-season friendly with them and give them massive support from fans of a club who know what they are going through"

That is an excellent idea. Let's make it happen.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Very sad and a stark reminder of how close we came to going the same way. Can we arrange a pre-season friendly with them and give them massive support from fans of a club who know what they are going through.

Singing "We'll never play you again" the last time we met doesn't seem so funny any more :down:

I'd still like to take a "Scott McCleish is a wanker" banner though :smile:

Great idea . Support in some way would be good . Maybe a Fans United match at an Orient home fixture next season .

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Until the FA realise that there are more football clubs and other leagues than just the premier nothing will be done .
They are an impotent spent force in my eyes and are governed by faceless yes people who are up the backsides of the big corporations and are an embarrassment to every decent football fan.
We have the tattered worn T shirt to prove it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Leyton Orient have been taken over by the CEO of Dunkin Donuts, & Becchtti has gone.

A consortium led by the Baskin Robbins & Dunkin' Donuts chief executive has completed its takeover of Leyton Orient.
bbc.in/2suPAOA

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Great idea . Support in some way would be good . Maybe a Fans United match at an Orient home fixture next season .

I'll go in a heartbeat. No doubt my dad and brothers too.

Let's do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
That was a very good video and somewhat mirrors our own plight. Be good to see them get back into the league.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ridiculous that this can happen again and again still. The FA and FL need to get their houses in order and stop tragedies like this ocurring. But they won't.
I blame the FA for everything that's wrong with the game in our country. Maybe I should share it out with the FL a bit, but I don't know how the setup works in terms of overall control etc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here