Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest Rumour [Robert Snodgrass]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe you said it. I didn't. Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled if we signed him permanently. I just see more need in other positions. The money isn't endless
Not just me that said that - plenty on here did!

And just to take you back further, last time we were in this position we signed a young defender who turned out to be so damned good we played him in midfield - and he was an important factor in our survival. Agree the money isn't endless - but if we can get potential quality of this sort in, we should seriously consider taking the chance. And of course we might need to go three at the back to survive before the season is out.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Rumour that Mooy might be interesting Southampton. Would make sense of a possible approach for Kevin McDonald to come to us from Fulham.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If the club is doing their business in the normal way in reality no-one has got a scooby-do about our transfer activity and long may it remain thus!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
If we carry on like this, we will end up missing out on Garett Bale and James Rodriguez.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
quite surprised no clubs have shown interest in our players ??!!

Its still early, but most clubs above us will be looking at the next level of quality and those below us know that they don't stand a chance.

Hopefully no one will notice us until the window shuts.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
quite surprised no clubs have shown interest in our players ??!!

Given that we rebuffed everyone as a Championship club and don't have any players with a Premier League track record I doubt we will receive many serious bids. We are Premier League and I'm sure most of the players will want to test themselves with the squad they got promoted with. Post Wigan shouted how close and together this squad is. Now sign the fecking contract Stockdale, you know it makes perfect sense :smile:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Think of it in reverse, positively.

For quality players (who'd do a good PL job too), that the likes of Wednesday, Fulham, Villa and Leeds will move for .... well, this time around, we can beat them on wages and give new recruits PL football.

No longer the bridesmaids.

Very few deals have been struck in the football world yet, apart from the usual suspect Man City with their petrodollars.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If we carry on like this, we will end up missing out on Garett Bale and James Rodriguez.

The problem with James is that he has a clause in his contract that he has to wear number 10. We already have a number 10, and Tomer is his name-o.

If we've missed out on Gibbs and/or Mooy, then it's a blessing in disguise.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It is weird that if you are a certain type of club that you have trouble attracting some players.
Unfashionable in the Championship so struggled to attract players, unheard of in the Premier League so struggle to attract players.
Maybe we should be targeting players from Championship levels throughout the UK and Europe who have the potential to step up.
Would be cheaper as well.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
It is weird that if you are a certain type of club that you have trouble attracting some players.
Unfashionable in the Championship so struggled to attract players, unheard of in the Premier League so struggle to attract players.
Maybe we should be targeting players from Championship levels throughout the UK and Europe who have the potential to step up.
Would be cheaper as well.

I think we need to be signing a couple with premier league experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here