LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Prepare to be amazed.

2 strikers £15m and £5m
Three midfielders at 10,5,5
Two fullbacks @ £4m

That's £48m easy at a minimum.

This is how it totted up for me when I made my estimate.

I dare say, we might try to do it for less, but if we do only spend £20m, then I think it might need to be the best bargain hunting hidden talent un-earthing we've ever seen if we are to stay up.

Cost in the payments that have to be made to Agents and all the money is gone.

Unless, of course, the Club can find a financial genius to steer us through the murkier areas of funny accountancy.

Either way ... footballing doesn't seem to matter that much, if a club wants to make a "success" of life in the Premier League.

theboybilly

Prepare to be amazed.

2 strikers £15m and £5m
Three midfielders at 10,5,5
Two fullbacks @ £4m

That's £48m easy at a minimum.

We'll see. Burnley lost their best player on promotion and still didn't spend shedloads on players. The only team that seems to be profligate is Palace which just shows it's not a question of how much you spend but how good your recruitment is. There are PL quality players out there that won't break the bank. I'd rather get players in that love the club rather than the likes of Benteke or Cabaye that want away as soon as things go wrong.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
id expect a fair amount to be spent on transfers, but spread across several players. we are quite lightwieght as a squad for the Premier League in my opinion. however the spine of the team is strong, probably want a few key additions to improve quality and push others for places. its a tricky balance, do you stick with who got you up or change if they arent up to standard?

the other big consideration is wages... thats where most the increase budget is going to go.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This chart gives the breakdown:

View attachment 83791

That chart is quite informative in terms of TV Rights and Prize Monies but it doesn't scratch the surface as to what could really be attained. New Sponsorship deals can also be forged on the Strngth of having a World Wide Brand to Market.

If we have astute Marketing Director in place and stay in the PL for more than one season we will become a massive ''Brand'' First year if we can't rake in £300m I would be surprised. A lot more if we stay up 2 years at least.

Then if we can become successful on the field then the skies the limit but it will take 6 or 7 years for that to become a top 8 club. You have to do it in small steps once you do go up. Consolidation is key in the early years. Try and over achieve too quickly then you could implode like Norwich, Leeds, Cardiff and QPR all did. The ramifications can be catastrophic if you have Chairmen in it for short term accolades.

Tony Bloom seems to have done it in a realistic long term plan and vision, which he is to be commended. I hope he now also realises that he is starting from the next base camp now and he needs to do it in a cautious manner. I want him to spend but not overspend and I hope he keeps managing expectations in the same way he has managed to do so in the last 6-8 years.

If he goes ''gung ho'' it could backfire. The manager he has is not a Harry Redknapp who would happily spend other peoples money '' willy nilly'' . He won't demand Millions and Millions but he will know what he is going to need to try and consolidate. It's just all about getting the balance right and keeping a reign on '' the product''

I hate using the words a ''product'' when referring to a football club because first and foremost I am a football fan and I love football but it is a product these days and the backgrounds of my work I do find that I often need to try and realise that a balance is needed.

Brighton fans realised more than most this concept because they almost lost what they loved several years ago. So great times are ahead for Brighton fans if the club go about things in the correct manner, they way that they have done in the last 8 years or so.

Onwards and Upwards, that's what I say !

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There are four pots of money that are distributef as follows:

Overseas TV rights are split equally between all 20 teams. Works out as £47m each. Six teams are unhappy about this and are lobbying to have more of this pot, I'm sure you can guess who they are.

Domestic TV rights have 3 separate pots.

50% of total (£37m per club) is split equally.
25% is based on final placing in the table. Bottom club get £2m then increases by £2m per place.
25% based on number of TV matches the club appears in. Works out about £1m per club per match and guaranteed £10m minimum.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That chart is quite informative in terms of TV Rights and Prize Monies but it doesn't scratch the surface as to what could really be attained. New Sponsorship deals can also be forged on the Strngth of having a World Wide Brand to Market.

If we have astute Marketing Director in place and stay in the PL for more than one season we will become a massive ''Brand'' First year if we can't rake in £300m I would be surprised. A lot more if we stay up 2 years at least.

wishful thinking, given we've already deals with Amex on the major sponsorships and it would be spread over 5-10 years.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There are four pots of money that are distributef as follows:

Overseas TV rights are split equally between all 20 teams. Works out as £47m each. Six teams are unhappy about this and are lobbying to have more of this pot, I'm sure you can guess who they are.

Domestic TV rights have 3 separate pots.

50% of total (£37m per club) is split equally.
25% is based on final placing in the table. Bottom club get £2m then increases by £2m per place.
25% based on number of TV matches the club appears in. Works out about £1m per club per match and guaranteed £10m minimum.

El Presidente, please may I ask you questions, you might have the answers to:

How much do you estimate Amex pay us a season at the moment, for everything? Then, how much might that be if we are in the PL? The exposure of their brand name in football circles will multiply.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
wishful thinking, given we've already deals with Amex on the major sponsorships and it would be spread over 5-10 years.

A good Marketing Director would do one of two things. Either buy themselves out of it or to use it as leverage to increase the deal or to have it extended at a higher rate

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A good Marketing Director would do one of two things. Either buy themselves out of it or to use it as leverage to increase the deal or to have it extended at a higher rate

Perhaps increases are already built into any such deals in the eventuality of promotion.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Perhaps increases are already built into any such deals in the eventuality of promotion.

They may well be but just look at what Kate Bush, Elton John and George Michael all did. They bought themselves out of their existing deals with record companies and formed their own labels to their advantage.

Contrast that with bans like Squeeze who signed away all the rights to their songs and by the time they realised it they couldn't afford to buy themselves out

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Chelsea have bought themselves out of the adidas kit deal two years early at a cost of about £60 million and signed with Nike.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
How much is promotion worth? Right now it's beyond all doubt- it's priceless if we are to even survive,sad that it has come to this....

Vital we pass through the ceiling this year..

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
El Presidente, please may I ask you questions, you might have the answers to:

How much do you estimate Amex pay us a season at the moment, for everything? Then, how much might that be if we are in the PL? The exposure of their brand name in football circles will multiply.

Last year the Albion had commercial/sponsor income of £5.5million.

West Brom, in the Premier League, had £8.7 million.

I think people are overestimating how much commercial benefit there is, it's peanuts compared to the TV rights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here