Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AXE man...

D

Deleted member 22389

We must never jump to conclusions when we hear of a terror attack that the perpetrators are Muslims. It matters not how many innocent people are slaughtered in these never ending attacks, we mustn't make presumptions or judge Islam because this could offend. Go out and hug a Muslim today, you'll feel so much better for it.

Conservative, Extreme Islam is a bad deal for everyone, take for example the women I used to see walking down my road in Luton wearing the Burqa, if people consider this as moderate then they need go back to the drawing board. I personally do not like it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I do.... IS flag, IS inspiration... it's open and shut....

That is further information that has come to light since the initial rush to judge, though.

Now we have strong proof of his likely motivation for the attack, its absolutely more reasonable to be forming an opinion.

That said, whilst his actions were unarguably barbaric, and his motivation undoubtedly sinister, this still doesn't tell us WHY he was driven to act, nor whether he was influenced to do so by others.

Rushing to demonise a 17 year disturbed kid may be a perfectly rational reaction to this atrocity, but it achieves nothing in terms of understanding the causes or preventing further attacks.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thats because we have millions of potential lone wolves:facepalm: Astounded nothing happened (terror wise) at euros???

You shouldn't be astounded, you should have faith in humanity, that regardless of race, colour, creed or religion, the vast majority of human beings do not want to commit violent acts on each other.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When is Merkel going to be called to account for her unilateral invitation which has caused problems across Europe?

She'll be called to account by the German electorate, next time they go to the polls. They will have the opportunity to judge her decision.

A little bit of a stretch to blame her for problems 'across Europe' though. Is the Nice lorry attack her fault, too?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
That is further information that has come to light since the initial rush to judge, though.

Now we have strong proof of his likely motivation for the attack, its absolutely more reasonable to be forming an opinion.

That said, whilst his actions were unarguably barbaric, and his motivation undoubtedly sinister, this still doesn't tell us WHY he was driven to act, nor whether he was influenced to do so by others.

Rushing to demonise a 17 year disturbed kid may be a perfectly rational reaction to this atrocity, but it achieves nothing in terms of understanding the causes or preventing further attacks.
You can't rationalise the irrational can you?..... it would be a combination of these factors...

He made his way probably at great expense to the west, only to find that you still have to work for a living...

The sun doesn't shine that much...

Pining for home or family, he ended up watching YouTube and other random Internet sites which led him to jihadi sites and video nasties....

Dissatisfied with his lot, he wreaked his form of skewed revenge, as a thank you to the kind Europeans that have taken him in and fed and clothed him to date....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Dear me.
You can't rationalise the irrational can you?..... it would probably be a combination of these factors...

He made his way probably at great expense to the west, only to find that you still have to work for a living... r.e.f.u.g.e.e. fleeing from death across thousands of miles. "Oh i have to get a job?"

The sun doesn't shine that much... "I'm going to sue the travel agents!!"

Pining for home or family, he ended up watching YouTube and other random Internet sites which led him to jihadi sites and video nasties.... 17 year old kid watching Beyonce . . . recommended: Jihadi signup!

Dissatisfied with his lot, he wreaked his form of skewed revenge, as a thank you to the kind Europeans that have taken him in and fed and clothed him to date.... Europeans that don't understand mental health

Sent from my Hollywood pitchbook

Thats better.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Pining for home or family, he ended up watching YouTube and other random Internet sites which led him to jihadi sites and video nasties....

Sane people do not carry out insane acts of violence. It's almost impossible to legislate for insanity, but it is possible to take down these you tube sites and jihadi sites that are encouraging the mentally ill to perform these evil acts.

That is how you reduce future attacks.

Let's not blame all Muslims for the actions of a tiny minority.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

When Religion dictates that your parents are 1st cousins , mental heath issues shouldn't be unexpected .

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You seem to be making an assumption of terrorism already. Have I missed the part of the report where that's been confirmed?
So the attacker shouting ''allahu akbar'' as he chopped people up didnt give you a clue ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Where does it say the attacker was a Muslim? Or a refugee?
In the first paragraph,'' teenage afghan refugee '' sort of gives it away, and id hazard a guess he was muslim given he was shouting allahu akbar.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I would point anyone interested in Islam towards the wonderful body of work on the subject bequeathed to us by the late great Christopher Hitchens. In essence he says that I Islams biggest claim for itself is that is it is the FINAL REVELATION of God so there can be no more debate and that, conveniently, God only speaks Arabic so only that language with all of its dialectical and odd idiosychrocies is the only one capable of conveying the message.

All of this was revealed by the Angel Gabriel (him again) to an illiterate merchant in a cave and deals, mostly with the squabbles between various groups of nomads in the desert. The Islamic hadiths are patently ridiculous, are exclusive to only a few individuals and are rammed with hateful threats against one or other long dead Arab chieftain.

Hitch slapping is one of my favourite internet watches

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
In the first paragraph,'' teenage afghan refugee '' sort of gives it away, and id hazard a guess he was muslim given he was shouting allahu akbar.

And him having a homemade ISIL flag. Bit of a giveaway.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
You seem to be making an assumption of terrorism already. Have I missed the part of the report where that's been confirmed?

Who the **** else was going to go hitting a load of random people on a train with an axe....

Merkel has well and truly messed Europe up and although it negatively affects me, I'm happy Britain voted out.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I would point anyone interested in Islam towards the wonderful body of work on the subject bequeathed to us by the late great Christopher Hitchens. In essence he says that I Islams biggest claim for itself is that is it is the FINAL REVELATION of God so there can be no more debate and that, conveniently, God only speaks Arabic so only that language with all of its dialectical and odd idiosychrocies is the only one capable of conveying the message.

All of this was revealed by the Angel Gabriel (him again) to an illiterate merchant in a cave and deals, mostly with the squabbles between various groups of nomads in the desert. The Islamic hadiths are patently ridiculous, are exclusive to only a few individuals and are rammed with hateful threats against one or other long dead Arab chieftain.

Hitch slapping is one of my favourite internet watches

I mis him> Genuinely I do. I miss his take on matters. I didn't always agree with what he said but on the whole he was the intelligent voice of reason personified.

Yoda

English & European
So the attacker shouting ''allahu akbar'' as he chopped people up didnt give you a clue ?

Doesn't always mean Islamic Extremism:

In May, a man reportedly shouting "Allahu akbar" killed a man and wounded three others in a knife attack at a railway station near the German city of Munich.
He was later sent to a psychiatric hospital and authorities said they had found no links to Islamic extremism.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36265183

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here