Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Becky Watts: Body parts found at Bristol house

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The truth is- despite cases such as this- that it's not actually "coming to" anything. The murder rate in England and Wales has been declining for years, barring the odd spike where someone like Harold Shipman contributes 170 or so poor souls to the list.

What's changed is the media profile of such matters, and the fact that you're far more likely to hear the facts of a case, and to be able to read opinion, conjecture & speculation pertaining to it. People have, sadly, always been unlawfully killed, abused, assaulted and so on, and so it will always be.

What your usual flippant comment has overlooked is what is new about it is so many people arrested for covering it up,. Whats the odds these people are a different "heritage". Because i'm sure if I heard of a relative of mine killing a child I would turn them in.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What a sad waste of a young life. Poor girl and my thoughts are with the family.

Did anyone see Crimewatch last night about the Claire Tiltman case? Her poor Mum and Dad were both dead before her killer was brought to justice. I cried thinking about all the heartache they had to endure.
Yes, I watched that. Very distressing as I imagine some for of justice helps the mending process.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Still a great city to live in - has its parts we would all like to avoid - but that can be said about large swathes of urban Britain.

Jan 30, 2008
The truth is- despite cases such as this- that it's not actually "coming to" anything. The murder rate in England and Wales has been declining for years, barring the odd spike where someone like Harold Shipman contributes 170 or so poor souls to the list.

What's changed is the media profile of such matters, and the fact that you're far more likely to hear the facts of a case, and to be able to read opinion, conjecture & speculation pertaining to it. People have, sadly, always been unlawfully killed, abused, assaulted and so on, and so it will always be.
That's alright then???
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
What your usual flippant comment has overlooked is what is new about it is so many people arrested for covering it up,. Whats the odds these people are a different "heritage". Because i'm sure if I heard of a relative of mine killing a child I would turn them in.

Yep ,not an ounce of compassion in that flippant comment, typical oh well it happens :facepalm:
regards
DR

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I live a couple of streets away from the major crime scenes. Very eerie for the last 2 days.
Locals all know who the arrested two are, and rumours about the other five. Connected to Rebecca.
As disgusting as it is sad.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
abhorent as this is and other murders are now, they are so well reported now it does sound like its happening everywhere, but the horrid truth is its always been happening, in the past you just did not hear about it, you were spared the details, now you know about them before the morning papers do.
RIP little lady

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Thank you for that Edna, really, thank you. In a world that seems, to those who are growing longer in the tooth, to be in a perpetual downward spiral, it is sometimes good to hear that our own jaded experiences are not actually the reality of life.

The events in Bristol are disgusting and I am sure that none of us can really feel the pain and anguish that Becky's family and friends are going through. That said, I believe society as a whole has been manipulated into a fear culture by media, politicians and those in authority. It suits their own purpose, it sells newspapers, it allows political types to spout their way to cure society's ills, and it gives a purpose to those imposing the rules. Overall life is safer, though sometimes less colourful.

Sleep in as much peace as possible Becky.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nathan Matthews, the stepbrother of missing 16-year-old Becky Watts, has been charged with her murder, Avon and Somerset Police have said.

His girlfriend, Shauna Hoare, 21, has been charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here