Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour lead in polls,anyone able explain why ?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think when David Cameron comes back from Europe in the next few month with some concessions as I believe he will as I think he has more support than the vote shows may be wrong but it not all over to the fat lady sings:facepalm:one thing I do know is the Greens will be kicked out of Brighton just paid £12 parking for 4 hours in Victoria street haywards Heath is 80pence first Hour and plenty of free parking.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
I think when David Cameron comes back from Europe in the next few month with some concessions as I believe he will as I think he has more support than the vote shows may be wrong but it not all over to the fat lady sings:facepalm:one thing I do know is the Greens will be kicked out of Brighton just paid £12 parking for 4 hours in Victoria street haywards Heath is 80pence first Hour and plenty of free parking.

Trouble is the opposition vote will fragment & Caroline Useless may well get back in.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

this one is obvious people want to go to Brighton (you did) and not to Haywards Heath
simples

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Given those three yeses, why do Gove and Osbourne have more chance of getting the nod? I have no axe to grind on this (or any other party political discussion, tbh) - I'm just interested.

Simple - he doesn't fit the profile. He does to you, me, and the electorate - but not to dear old Mr and Mrs Smythe-Hardy of Tunbridge Wells or Devizes. He's too much of a liability in the hardcore supporters and party grandee's minds. Same went for Ken Clarke and Anne Widdecombe - both very electable and, in Anne Widdecombes case, a fantastic fit for the role - but "traditional" conservatives such as IDS and Michael Howard were (inexplicably) preferred.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A consumer driven society will always want more and want a change if they don't feel they are getting what they believe they deserve.

The way we operate is all about creating wealth for the wealthy and trying (and failing) to keep everyone else content.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The axe had to swung, but it is the way it has been swung that has turned so many against the tories.
The poor and middle classes and even the disabled and struggling kids in school have been affected.
Take child benefit for instance 1 person earning 40k and its cut 2 people on 39k and Its ok (approx)
Most people are not stupid they can see that the rich have prospered and the rest can go hang.
The NHS is under real threat and is in an appalling state. I have had two relatives in hospital this month and my sister is a nurse.It is frightning what I have seen and heared.
And of course this is all covered up by the endless lies about what is actually happening out there that everybody can see right through.
We are still borrowing billions even though they said it would be far less by now.
The child like behaviour of blaming labour even 3 years after the election to cover up their own inadequate policies. Labour made massive mistakes but the tories refused to acknowledge the worldwide banking collapse.
The pathetically funded police.
And even up to this weekend Cameron used armed forces day as a platform against Scottish independance.
Cameron and Osborne are bad enough but Gove is detested by voters from all sides.
And that is just for starters.
But the sweetners will soon appear and the economy seems to be on the up (but most people do not feel it yet)
I just hope that this time the sweetners and the Sun are ignored.
I am a true floating voter by the way.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Soft lead at the moment, a whopping 30% are undecided as to their definite intentions. All to play for

My prediction for next May - Lab 38% , Conservatives 31% , UKIP 18% , LibDem 7% , Others 6% (Greens , PC , SNP , NI parties)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Simple - he doesn't fit the profile. He does to you, me, and the electorate - but not to dear old Mr and Mrs Smythe-Hardy of Tunbridge Wells or Devizes. He's too much of a liability in the hardcore supporters and party grandee's minds. Same went for Ken Clarke and Anne Widdecombe - both very electable and, in Anne Widdecombes case, a fantastic fit for the role - but "traditional" conservatives such as IDS and Michael Howard were (inexplicably) preferred.

Your joking right? Anne Widdicombe was no way leadership material, probably the LAST resort. You dont have a clue.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That'd **** Labour right over, same as if the jocks get their independence, which they obviously won't.

If the Sweaties gain independence the Tories will be in with a chance of winning the General Election as they currently only have 1 MP in Scotland and Labour has a total of 41.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Ken Clarke would have been a good Tory leader but they'd never vote in a Europhile like him.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The axe had to swung, but it is the way it has been swung that has turned so many against the tories.
The poor and middle classes and even the disabled and struggling kids in school have been affected.
Take child benefit for instance 1 person earning 40k and its cut 2 people on 39k and Its ok (approx)
Most people are not stupid they can see that the rich have prospered and the rest can go hang.
The NHS is under real threat and is in an appalling state. I have had two relatives in hospital this month and my sister is a nurse.It is frightning what I have seen and heared.
And of course this is all covered up by the endless lies about what is actually happening out there that everybody can see right through.
We are still borrowing billions even though they said it would be far less by now.
The child like behaviour of blaming labour even 3 years after the election to cover up their own inadequate policies. Labour made massive mistakes but the tories refused to acknowledge the worldwide banking collapse.
The pathetically funded police.
And even up to this weekend Cameron used armed forces day as a platform against Scottish independance.
Cameron and Osborne are bad enough but Gove is detested by voters from all sides.
And that is just for starters.
But the sweetners will soon appear and the economy seems to be on the up (but most people do not feel it yet)
I just hope that this time the sweetners and the Sun are ignored.
I am a true floating voter by the way.

LOL yea sure you are, like all Guardian readers, becoming quite adept at rattling of 1000 words about what is wrong with the UK but ignore the elephant in the room.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Labour have done nothing and I mean nothing to be deserve a lead in these polls. I certainly wont be voting for them. I used to be a Labour voter but never again.
Labour get in it will more of the same, nothing is going to change. They will ruin this country.

Since when has any opposition party "deserved" a lead in mid term polls? Polls and elections are won or lost by the party in power (and in a rare few instances when world events dictate).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Labour have done nothing and I mean nothing to be deserve a lead in these polls. I certainly wont be voting for them. I used to be a Labour voter but never again.
Labour get in it will more of the same, nothing is going to change. They will ruin this country.

If it's more of the same, with nothing changing AND they'll ruin this country, this suggests that this country has been ruined already.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
LOL yea sure you are, like all Guardian readers, becoming quite adept at rattling of 1000 words about what is wrong with the UK but ignore the elephant in the room.

I have never read the Guardian. And if I say I am a floating voter then that is what I am. We do exist you know. And my rattling is not just my opinion but also the opinion of the vast majority of people I talk to on a day to day basis. I work in peoples homes and meet 3 or more different people each day of the week and when this subject is bought up, by them not me, the general opinion is as my post and I agree with it.
If that's alright with you the aptly named Looney.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here