Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very good, as good as the Night Manager

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We gave up watching it as wife found it hard to follow with the continual sub titles and I rarely actually watch tv just glance at programs but may sit down one day and watch it all in 1 go on player if as Beach Hut says it is as good as Night Manager was.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We gave up watching it as wife found it hard to follow with the continual sub titles and I rarely actually watch tv just glance at programs but may sit down one day and watch it all in 1 go on player if as Beach Hut says it is as good as Night Manager was.

You do need to concentrate on it as there are quite a few sub plots in different parts of the world and it does jump from place to place quite often.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Not sure which episode you were watching BG ..certainly not CONTINUAL subtitles..as u say give it a go on Iplayer

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Can't she read?

It's superb. The tension is building brilliantly.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Of course she can and reads quite a lot but she found it distracting. I am sorry if that upsets you.

Don’t know about your wife but I’d struggle to understand the Russian conversations WITHOUT subtitles.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
When Alex asks Kleiman to let the girl he is holding captive go free Kleiman asks Alex if he has anything else he can blackmail him with and Alex says no so Kleiman refuses his request. I think the fact that Kleiman, a politician, is holding a girl captive against her will is stretching credibility a bit. I cant understand his motives especially with the associated risks to not only his reputation but also the possibility of prosecution. There would be plenty of women who would be willing to perform her function without having to force someone against their will. Am I missing something but it doesn't make sense to me.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When Alex asks Kleiman to let the girl he is holding captive go free Kleiman asks Alex if he has anything else he can blackmail him with and Alex says no so Kleiman refuses his request. I think the fact that Kleiman, a politician, is holding a girl captive against her will is stretching credibility a bit. I cant understand his motives especially with the associated risks to not only his reputation but also the possibility of prosecution. There would be plenty of women who would be willing to perform her function without having to force someone against their will. Am I missing something but it doesn't make sense to me.

After watching last nights episode, I said to MrsLLF that I thought Lydmila would be the downfall of Alex, in some way.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
After watching last nights episode, I said to MrsLLF that I thought Lydmila would be the downfall of Alex, in some way.

I think Alex’s nosy, flirty irritating wife is more likely to cause his downfall myself.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Several things don't make much sense, Kleiman is supposedly an Israeli government minister yet he is allowed to have an affair with a young boy and conduct massive amounts of money laundering. A prime candidate for blackmail and the Israeli security services would have nipped his career in the bud.
.. And, he seems to only have one security guard in the firm of Joseph who seems to work a 24/7 shift. In reality there would be a huge security team around Kleiman.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
I gave up after episode three.

Thankfully Spiral is back on BBC4 to provide a bit of drama

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Only on episode 2 and have to say, I’m bored. It’s limping along.

And James Norton is dull. I heard he might be a James Bond for the future. Please god no.

I will try episode 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

You're not missing anything. The Lyudmila storyline is ridiculous.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
absolutely bang average storyline and acting.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Haven't watched the last episode yet [recorded on the Q-box]

Story line so far reminds me of our defence this season.
Started off tight and compact but has now become loose and disjointed with holes appearing all over the place ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here