Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Message to Papa - no snow for the midlands midweek I hope? I'm heading Oop North for work Weds/Thurs.

Looks snowy Tuesday into Wednesday and later Thursday.

Tues / Wed will be heavy showers, Thursday will be from a low pressure which will zip across England.

graphe_ens3_kpx4.gif

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Cheers, I'm only going as far up as Brum, will I need to pack my thermals? ???

The actual temp will vary between 5C and 0C at times, but in a strong NW wind, and in the showers it'll feel much colder.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The actual temp will vary between 5C and 0C at times, but in a strong NW wind, and in the showers it'll feel much colder.

That sounds like a YES to me - many thanks... :thumbsup:

I wonder if there is another Football Board that offers this sort of bespoke weather forecasting service? :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
BBC now saying down here

Mon 11c
Tues 7c
Weds 7c
Thurs 10c
Fri 8c

Where is this cold ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
BBC now saying down here

Mon 11c
Tues 7c
Weds 7c
Thurs 10c
Fri 8c

Where is this cold ?

Lol.....well Met Office has the temps for my place a bit lower than that.....and gives the ''feels like'' temps as well which are lower still....not cold cold..but not quite as mild as your BBC figures suggest

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Papa that website you use has us as high percentage chance of snow over the coming days but BBC not showing it. What do you think?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Papa that website you use has us as high percentage chance of snow over the coming days but BBC not showing it. What do you think?

I think the GFS do tend to overstate snow chances, and this would be from showers, so:

1. It's a little hit and miss &
2. It's entirely possible to get snow in a shower without any risk of it settling.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I see nothing to suggest cold here Papa. The w/nw never delivers. Wish I could report otherwise but seems nothing here until the end of January. Last chance is cold first half of February

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Just received a yellow Met Office alert for snow and ice, Brighton between now and 11:00 GMT tomorrow, looked outside ... nothing!

BBC now saying down here

Mon 11c
Tues 7c
Weds 7c
Thurs 10c
Fri 8c

Where is this cold ?

Probably Daily Express front page. They seem to be fascinated with extreme weather, much of which never arrives!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here