Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 10/2 - 12/2

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Newcastle heroics at the end there. What a shame.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I disagree, you have to hand it to Newcastle the fought and battled for all 94 minutes, they got what they deserved in my opinion.

They did, and MU actually created a fair few chances, there were some great saves and desperate blocks by Newcastle. I think we are playing as well and with as much confidence as we've done all season, so hoping in our 3 home games against the big sides, we'll also get a result, and maybe more than 1 at that.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Things are changing so frequently down at the bottom at the moment. No need to panic yet but blimey we have to take some points off the big boys or it's goodnight Vienna

We are very capable of getting those points as long as we play for them! we need to get down to some gool old fashioned hard work and grind the results out! we must do it and can't rely on other teams results........

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Prepare yourselves for a Salomon Rondon bullet header getting West Brom a 1-0 sh*tehouse win over Chelski, which will spark the two year managerial meltdown after Hazard (can I have your shirt) and co. have downed tools

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
"They fought like animals" to quote JM and he meant it as a compliment......he was 100% correct! hard work pays off........we need to treat the 90 minutes of the game the same way we do the last 5 minutes when we are 1 down!! hard graft will pay off!!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I mean if you want to you can look at this from another angle.

The top 6 are not unbeatable. If teams in the bottom six can get results against the top 6 then so can we!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The pressure on us is ramped up, we can all feel it, imagine the pressure on West Brom, Stoke and Southampton right now, West Brom are almost gone, and if they do pull off a miracle it will be because they have taken a shed load of points from sides around us. Palace must have felt safe a couple of weeks ago, now they are absolutely in the thick of it with their talisman out, and Benteke seemingly doing an impression of someone who has taken a huge bung not to score goals.

Take a step back, you've got to love it, how big can home games be? I actually can't wait. Coventry first, Swansea after, the enormity of these games is everything I thought it would be. Fantastic! Bring it on!!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Rafa's lucky bracelet

Great... just need Southampton to beat Liverpool now just to top things off

I could see Newcastle winning, but I can't see Southampton winning although it will be close for awhile. How long?

I would have cleaned up if I bet this weekend. It would have been some consolation.

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
A good result on the face of it, especially considering the pressure towards the end of the second half. However, we were in the driving seat for large parts of the game and it is disappointing that we failed, again, to finish a team off whilst on top.

Spot on. If we go down we can look back at games where we were the better team and failed to convert it into a win.

Everton H
Southampton H
Burnley H
Stoke A
And we were easily worth a point at man U away.

Even if we pick two single mistakes: if Glenn had scored the penalty and Bruno has let the ball drift out of play without elbowing someone we'd be well on our way to safety by now.

The margins are so fine this year, it's going to be tiny bits of luck or small errors that save our relegate teams.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Up to us now, has every other team taken points off the top 6 ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Looks like Man United at home is another "must win" game.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Unless they buck their ideas up there is something very wrong with Man U, Chelsea. Arsenal and Liverpool blow hot & cold, maybe it's because Man City are running away with it but they still have CL to play for.
Even Spurs, if you catch them on a bad day, are capable of giving a point away.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Spot on. If we go down we can look back at games where we were the better team and failed to convert it into a win.

Everton H
Southampton H
Burnley H
Stoke A
And we were easily worth a point at man U away.

Even if we pick two single mistakes: if Glenn had scored the penalty and Bruno has let the ball drift out of play without elbowing someone we'd be well on our way to safety by now.

The margins are so fine this year, it's going to be tiny bits of luck or small errors that save our relegate teams.
Good post. Couldn't agree more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here