Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Grid girls scrapped from F1 races..

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Good news. Hopefully the Tour de France will follow suit. Certainly more and more big cycle races seem to be binning podium girls.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You do understand roughly 50% of the worlds population is a female and the horrors they endure throughout the world everyday just because they are women.
If we were talking about any minority or ethnic race, you would be right behind them telling is how racist we all are.

You're so full of shit it's not funny.

Oh **** off would you.

HUMANS endure horrors of the world each day.

Go to your local war memorial and tell me the % of male to female names of the deceased.

This whole narrative of women being some bunch of super victims is tiring.

It's wearing thin with a lot of women too.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Let's flip it. Let's say there hasn't been grid girls or dart girls strutting about half naked for decades. And then they announced one week that there would be busty "birds" standing around pointlessly for a bit of the match/race.
Of course there'd be the initial folk who might think Phwooar, I'll have some of that . But I really think most people would think "why the Jimminy Cricket would you have that"?
It's outdated.
It's pointless.
Get rid.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
. My only point on this subject is that there are no scantily clad men prancing around the Formula One grid, and that once that changes, I'll stop my belief that the current arrangement is sexist and outdated.

OK Edna, EXACTLY how many scantily clad men prancing around an F1 Grid would satisfy you? :lolol: Lewis Hamilton looks a bit buff?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
OK Edna, EXACTLY how many scantily clad men prancing around an F1 Grid would satisfy you? :lolol: Lewis Hamilton looks a bit buff?

He's also a complete dick. Jensen Buttocks scantily clad on the other hand and even I could get interested in such a mind numbing spectator sport as F1.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Go to your local war memorial and tell me the % of male to female names of the deceased.

This whole narrative of women being some bunch of super victims is tiring.

It's wearing thin with a lot of women too.

That's one hell of an obtuse argument, hats off. War memorials record soldiers killed, not the 100's of thousands of civilians, many of them women and children. How about all the women partisans as well, or those in The Red Army who don't have memorials. No one group has the monopoly on horror an grief and suffering, no one is claiming that they do.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
1. I am saying you are an idiot.

2. I did psychology as part of my degree, so I do have a few clues about the effects of media and social conditioning on the development of personality.

3. My user name is "Father_And_Son".... I refer you to point 1.

Well you don't come across as a male so I had to ask.

You push the same narrative as feminists pushing agendas and chasing funding.

But don't let the truth get in the way of your white knighting.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Let's flip it. Let's say there hasn't been grid girls or dart girls strutting about half naked for decades. And then they announced one week that there would be busty "birds" standing around pointlessly for a bit of the match/race.
Of course there'd be the UNEVOLVED NEANDERTHALS who might think Phwooar, I'll have some of that . But I really think most people would think "why the Jimminy Cricket would you have that"?
It's outdated.
It's pointless.
Get rid.

Edited for you. :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Interesting; I have just looked on another club's fans forum and in one and a half hours there have been 5 comments on this topic and none of them are expressing the kind of attitudes expressed by the 'outraged' community here.
Only on NSC, over 200 comments. It just wouldn't happen anywhere else.

It sounds good, doesn't it, using the 'outraged' word. Except that nobody is actually outraged, or offended.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That's one hell of an obtuse argument, hats off. War memorials record soldiers killed, not the 100's of thousands of civilians, many of them women and children. How about all the women partisans as well, or those in The Red Army who don't have memorials. No one group has the monopoly on horror an grief and suffering, no one is claiming that they do.

Hardly, when someone says "You do understand roughly 50% of the worlds population is a female and the horrors they endure throughout the world everyday just because they are women." it's very much worth pointing out that shock of horrors men have to endure horrors every day because they are men as well.

I was simply pointing out the stupidity of that argument.

I agree totally with you that no one person or group has a monopoly on bad things happening too them.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Well you don't come across as a male so I had to ask.

You push the same narrative as feminists pushing agendas and chasing funding.

But don't let the truth get in the way of your white knighting.

The only "truth" you have demonstrated is that you are sad man, stuck in a mindset from 50+ years ago, getting angry because the world has moved on without you.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Maybe sky sports will axe all these dolly birds that are relentless now and you can't tell me they're employed for their super footballing knowledge !!!
No fat or ugly ones either:lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Surprised grid girls etc. aren't depicted on this!

pcmad.jpg

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The only "truth" you have demonstrated is that you are sad man, stuck in a mindset from 50+ years ago, getting angry because the world has moved on without you.

Who said I'm angry? That's you reading your emotions into words on a screen. You'd have to be a bit dim to do that.

I'm completely calm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here