Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 30/1 - 31/1

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
This.

Albion fans were so certain of the demise of Palace, Swansea, WBA, Everton, Stoke and West Ham a couple months back.

Their squads have been expensively assembled with PL quality players over many years, giving them an edge.

This season there are no clubs in disarray from top to bottom, such as Villa and Sunderland, to eat up a place or two.

Looks like it will be very tight at the bottom and shows why survival over a few years means you can splash so much more cash. If reports are believed Swansea offered 120000 a week to Nicolas Gaitan.

All those clubs mentioned changed managers who have managed to get the teams organised again and it’s no surprise to see any of them picking up points. I personally thought Swansea would struggle with their managerial appointment but he’s got a bounce out of them. The 3 promoted sides that went up look at most trouble at this time to be fair. I do think one of us will escape the drop but no idea which. Huddersfield looked terrible tonight and Newcastle at this time still looking for signings. Tomorrow could be a big day both on and off the pitch.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Draw tomorrow and I'm confident we can do west ham with all their injuries.

Feeling bizarrely positive for once

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Did you watch Swansea Liverpool? The home fans were quiet, only piping up when they scored just before half time.

Since that moment, the team has given the fans the boost to get excited about.

Yeah watched it. I thought they kept the clackery chant going most of the match. Maybe we should get some in?....... :ohmy:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know we tend to defend against top 6 teams, but if we play the way Huddersfield are tonight at home I would probably give up, I can only think they are happy to lose 2-0 rather than 5 or 6, they really have hardly touched the ball.
Now a pen to Liverpool.
This is shocking stuff from Huddersfield, their signing from Monaco must be wondering what he has gone and done.

Hudd's shocking performance reminiscent of Brighton's this season versus ManC, Hudd, Spuds, WBA and Leicester. Outclassed.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Looks like we'll have to take something off a big gun now.

If Swansea can, then we can, they were bottom of the league, we are a good side, all that has been missing is taking some of those chances, maybe we will put some of them away now.

You need a bit of luck, Swansea had that tonight with the goalie error and met Arsenal on one of their (quite a few) fragile away games.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
2 of the 3 results were as we wanted. Can't rely on away wins.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's funny how two Swansea wins in succession suddenly seems to have so many people effectively concluding they're safe. They can still lose form just as quickly as they've found it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Hudd's shocking performance reminiscent of Brighton's this season versus ManC, Hudd, Spuds, WBA and Leicester. Outclassed.

Yes.
But I dont know if you are watching the game but we were not as bad and outclassed as Huddersfield are tonight. They just have not bothered at all, at least we try while being outclassed.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Personally I think we are not quite strong enough. It’s not just about the players. It’s more of a mental attitude at this time of the season. Bottom 3 for us

Too much of a "happy to be here" pragmatic mentality, need more players like Schelotto against Chelsea who didn't give a damn and gave it a good go. I like our signings and think that had we got them in August we'd be okay, but it could end up being too little too late should we not get a few results in the upcoming weeks

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Genuinely had no idea Saints were doing so badly until Sky just showed the live table.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
It's funny how two Swansea wins in succession suddenly seems to have so many people effectively concluding they're safe. They can still lose form just as quickly as they've found it.

Liverpool and Arsenal is some two games to find form. It also takes them on to 6 wins. Confidence and two wins in a row.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just watching the Liverpool manager chatting to the club captain, covering their mouths. Why? I recon Kloppy was saying 'That Dave Wanker thinks I'm his best mate, but I think he's a ***t'.

FACT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here