Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He hasn't been wrong on just one thing. I've already named another.

You were specifically one of the posters defending him to the hills over his ‘sources’ previously?! He tried to claim he announced Zamora when he actually got the contract length wrong and ‘broke’ the signing on here when it was widely already reported on here he was coming back - I remember pointing out to you and him at the time he didn’t break anything whatsoever on here except a wrong contract time!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Given that he’s been wrong ‘plenty’ of times, can you give a couple of examples? The point you’ve made about posting the Dunk thing is a prime example of what I’m saying. People love to shout people down because they don’t want to believe what is being said.

Because he’s been wrong plenty of times too?
Remember the shit I got for posting that Dunk was refusing to play. And that was correct! So there’s hell to pay for getting it wrong.

Side note: this is a transfer I didn’t care much about. He looks good on paper. Good stats. We’ve chased him for years. All good. But meh: we already have three decent wingers and signings from the Eredivisie often flop.
But if he sings then i’ll be on his side.

Likewise, you need to post an example of when he was right. I’ve nothing against people posting what they hear but in a way that isn’t ‘fact’ saves a lot of egg on face. I can’t think of anything this poster has ‘broken’ or got right that wasn’t already known. Nothing against him personally, but his track record isn’t good with these sources yet there seems to be a myth on nsc that he’s reliable and ‘itk’ - I’ve yet to see it! He also often talks in riddles and doesn’t answer direct questions so leaves himself open to say ‘see that’s what I meant’ when something does happen! We’re already told only 4 or 5 people know what’s happening at the club on transfers and are basically sworn to secrecy or it can affect deals...

As I say, I’ll always give rumours the time of day and it’s nothing personal but would like to see them done in a less ‘fact’ way.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Re: lancing at 9.45am - his agent was still in Paris a few hours ago . This tweet dated about midnight Paris time.

4bd0894d390fa12729a14ee927e5a23d.png

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Likewise, you need to post an example of when he was right. I’ve nothing against people posting what they hear but in a way that isn’t ‘fact’ saves a lot of egg on face. I can’t think of anything this poster has ‘broken’ or got right that wasn’t already known. Nothing against him personally, but his track record isn’t good with these sources yet there seems to be a myth on nsc that he’s reliable and ‘itk’ - I’ve yet to see it! He also often talks in riddles and doesn’t answer direct questions so leaves himself open to say ‘see that’s what I meant’ when something does happen! We’re already told only 4 or 5 people know what’s happening at the club on transfers and are basically sworn to secrecy or it can affect deals...

I may be wrong but I’m pretty certain that he called Aaron Hughes before his name was mentioned anywhere. And I’m sure there were plenty praising him on the thread for calling it out of nowhere. Tapatalk’s not the easiest thing to dig up old threads on, so happy for someone to prove me wrong...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Given that he’s been wrong ‘plenty’ of times, can you give a couple of examples? The point you’ve made about posting the Dunk thing is a prime example of what I’m saying. People love to shout people down because they don’t want to believe what is being said.

Because he’s been wrong plenty of times too?
Remember the shit I got for posting that Dunk was refusing to play. And that was correct! So there’s hell to pay for getting it wrong.

Side note: this is a transfer I didn’t care much about. He looks good on paper. Good stats. We’ve chased him for years. All good. But meh: we already have three decent wingers and signings from the Eredivisie often flop.
But if he sings then i’ll be on his side.

I may be wrong but I’m pretty certain that he called Aaron Hughes before his name was mentioned anywhere. And I’m sure there were plenty praising him on the thread for calling it out of nowhere. Tapatalk’s not the easiest thing to dig up old threads on, so happy for someone to prove me wrong...

If that’s the case fair play... but he has also got plenty wrong. As I say, I’ve passed on info on here - always said I’m just relaying the message and occasionally it’s true, most of the time not but it’s best done like that rather than ‘fact’ as it often just makes you look silly if it doesn’t happen. Anyway, let’s hope he’s well wrong and Ali does sign :thumbsup:

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Of course - but why ?

I think someone mentioned earlier that the original trip was to obtain a visa to allow him to enter the country for the purposes of a medical and a discussion of the contract terms. He would then have to travel back to Paris to obtain a work visa to allow him to play for whichever club he chooses to sign for.

(see post #2016 by [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] above:
"To get a work permit, he'd need to have signed the contract and the FA have given governing body approval of the deal, which would then result in the work permit being issued by the home office. It would be too late for another club to step in a that point. For example in the case of Jose Izquierdo he had to go to Paris to then get a visa to enter the country legally on his work permit, previous to that he was only allowed to train on his own away from the rest of the team as he wasn't allowed to actually work for the club in any way.

I've done a bit of a serach and it appears Ali Jahanbakhsh would need a visa to enter the country prior to the work permit being issued to conduct any negations, attend medicals etc. So that could be why he's now in Paris and as I said we are not as far down the transfer road as previous speculation suggested.")

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Local Leicester paper

But Puel insists that, whoever City could look to sign, would not be as good as Mahrez, who made his Man City debut in a pre-season defeat to Borussia Dortmund.

“I think we cannot replace Riyad,” said Puel. “It is not possible to find the same player with the same quality.

Haha why would you even say that ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Embedded deep in this morning's argus article :

"Sources in Holland last night still expected Alireza Jahanbakhsh to complete a record-breaking move to Albion from Alkmaar."

I remain deeply sceptical about this transfer happenning given what happened 3 years ago.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

"Sources in Holland last night still expected Alireza Jahanbakhsh to complete a record-breaking move to Albion from Alkmaar."

I remain deeply sceptical about this transfer happenning given what happened 3 years ago.

Let’s stay positive, but I know what you mean BV...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I'm starting to feel like that. I had forgotten that he seemed to play the Albion 3 years ago. I hope, that this time will be different, as I still feel he could be a tremendous asset, but that nagging feeling won't go away, that he and his agent are being clever.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Personally think that if everything was in place and agreed and agent and player have put the move on hold, whilst they talk to Leicester, that we should withdraw the offer and walk away. Once bitten etc.

I would applaud the club for that and it also sends a message for future negotiations with players and agents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here