Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Now down to 17th, level on points with Hull after West Ham's draw with Man Utd. Only goal difference keeping them out of the bottom three.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Palace plummet another place down the table.

Hovering just above the relegation drop zone now.

Do the top 17 qualify for Europe ?

It's enough to make Al dance.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Some of their players are sure to be getting restless with January looming.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I still say its a very very slim chance, there are other sides that are much weaker than palace.
Hull, Sunderland, Burnley and Swansea are expected to provide the three relegated clubs.

Palace are 7/2 and 4/1 with the bookies so approx. one in five probability.

Currently just about odds on that we play Palace in the Prem next season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The throat slitting gestures in the crowd can't be far away now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The best thing is that Palace have actually only played average teams away from home. There last five away games read:

Chelsea
Southampton
Liverpool
Man City
Man Utd

No points there then. :lolol:

So what they'll need to do is pick up points against teams at home in the last two months.

So ideally their opponents will have little to play for. Last 5 home games:

Spurs
Watford
Arsenal
Burnley
Hull

Oh. :lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Pardew will go. They will then get Big Sam or Woy and go on to secure 12th.

Nothing to see here. No really.

Unfortunately you are correct. They will get Allardyce in who will move them up the table. Best to just ignore them this season...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You'd think Pardew goes if they don't win this Saturday, as they have Hull away after that and they need points there and a new manager might help with that, Chelsea and United at home to follow that game.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's a tricky one. It's always a joy to see palace lose, so the more they do the better. Usually. I can't help but feel that they actually have a pretty decent team certainly attacking wise and, I assume, are in pretty good financial health so if they were to go down they'd go right back up. Likewise if they lose their next couple of games and sack Pardew they'll get someone in who will almost certainly keep them up.

What we need is Pardew to stay there for as long as possible as they are only heading one way under him. The longer he stays the more damage he will do - he'll waste large amounts of money on bloated transfer fees and wages on show ponies and mercenaries, team spirit will erode past the point of saving and he'll create a culture of losing and negativity around the club. Then, when they do get relegated they'll have a bloated, unmanageable wage bill, no good players and a club whose moral and spirit has gone through the floor. A few years of failing to get promoted will see them in either admin 3 or league one, probably both.

So, I'm in the strange position of hoping that palace actually do pick up some wins in the upcoming few games.

Save Pardew, **** Palace:thumbsup::rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here