Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Always Ultras - utter embarrassment to English football

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Security was appalling, walked into West Stand after game without being challenged, I’m sure after last Palace game you had to show your season ticket. When we were about to leave they put the shutter down as Palace were leaving, somebody opened the left hand fire exit and let people out before a steward stood in front of it then somebody opened the right hand fire exit and everyone else filed out. Bennett’s field not one streward anywhere, on a positive note quickest we have ever got out of there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To add, any Brighton supporter drooling over Palace flares is on a par with those tossers trying to get opposition players' autographs. They may be flares, and they may be pretty (actually they weren't), but they are Palace flares. FFS.

And if all you come to football for is a good old tear up, **** off and watch Galatasary. Move to Turkey.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
So with all those police manning the route to the ground from the station, a group of fans were able to get all the way to the away end with none of those police stopping them.
The game had already kicked off so everyone who had a ticket should already be in the Ground.
And in true Barber fashion the club statement means they can hide behind making any further statements as this is a police matter.
POLICE FAILED, STEWARDS FAILED, CLUB FAILED.
And guess what, it's the Home fans who will suffer in games to come again...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
defend the indefensible? I await the facts
Most people in the ground could see 'the facts' with their own eyes:

Fact 1 - The kiddies smuggled multiple explosives into the ground
Fact 2 - Most of the smoke bombs emanated from the same tiny wee area of the away end
Fact 3 - The stewards did **** all to intervene

Anyway, I'm done with you here. Feel free to have the last word, however dumb :dunce:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To add, any Brighton supporter drooling over Palace flares is on a par with those tossers trying to get opposition players' autographs. They may be flares, and they may be pretty (actually they weren't), but they are Palace flares. FFS.

And if all you come to football for is a good old tear up, **** off and watch Galatasary. Move to Turkey.

Some seem to think only 20-50 year old white males who like a tear up should be allowed to games. **** old people, **** children, **** women, **** men who aren't cavemen etc.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Security was appalling, walked into West Stand after game without being challenged, I’m sure after last Palace game you had to show your season ticket. When we were about to leave they put the shutter down as Palace were leaving, somebody opened the left hand fire exit and let people out before a steward stood in front of it then somebody opened the right hand fire exit and everyone else filed out. Bennett’s field not one streward anywhere, on a positive note quickest we have ever got out of there.
The train was good after the game.....except that bloke throwing up on the platform, I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone puke that much before :sick:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
being held back and then as they begun to go round the stadium it started kicking off

IMG_0508.jpg

[video] https://vimeo.com/244926463[/video]

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Stewards did a good job illegally detaining fans in the WSU after the game though .[emoji106]
And the police did an outstanding job at keeping Brighton fans from getting on a Lewes bound train until 11:06. Why didn't they do to those scummers what we get every game at their shithouse-held back until the home fans have gone home?

We get the inconveniences home and away.

Next time restrict them to access by bus only. Match tickets handed out as they get off the bus. Bollocks to upsetting the lowlife.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
PC Balkham, Paul Barber you failed in your duty to ensure the safety of your fans.
Opposition fans allowed to take over their stand and do what they liked.
All passing the buck which will follow in the days to come...
PC Balkam isn't in charge of the police at the game. Have you been watching too much Trumpton ?

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Typical barber response never his fault always quick to blame our fans for minor offences then when something propper kicks off ooooohh sorry it’s a police matter tosser stadium security a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We have taken plenty of flares/smoke bombs to games in the past, let's not be self-righteous about it.

Derby, MKmongs, Burton, QPR, Villa to name a few recent ones.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
you make it sound like hand grenades were going off every 5 minutes.... they were smoke bombs or flares small enough to conceal down a sock, in pants, etc. Whilst searches act as a deterrent and would expect to find knives, etc they cannot be expected to be 100% perfect. And how would the stewards frogmarch "everybody in the vicinity of" for a proper search?
Get real - this is football, not a Royal Wedding.

Leicester away this season, went to a cordoned off area before the turnstiles and got searched, steward asked me what was in my pockets, I showed him my reading glasses case, he demanded to look in the case.
Sniffer dog then gave me the once over ( lucky me ) these dogs are trained to find pyrotechnics, some for drugs.

Can't say I saw one dog tonight at the Amex, not sure if any were at the away end turnstiles.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And the police did an outstanding job at keeping Brighton fans from getting on a Lewes bound train until 11:06. Why didn't they do to those scummers what we get every game at their shithouse-held back until the home fans have gone home?

We get the inconveniences home and away.

Next time restrict them to access by bus only. Match tickets handed out as they get off the bus. Bollocks to upsetting the lowlife.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Make them get off the train - at WITHDEAN - and walk. And after the game, none should be allowed out of the South until they have CLEANED the toilets, and EVERY BHAFC fan has left the area and had at least one pint (of wine) in their local trattoria, got home, given one to the other half, brushed their teeth and slipped into their nightly calm and soothing coma.

FFS. Its our stadium. Our town.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here