Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Where is this mentioned?
I read the biggest fall was between these age groups, ie people giving up looking for work, and staying in education. Where did you read, that it was exclusively?

Jonty Bloom,on the BBC,quoting ONS figures.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You really did fall for the propaganda didn't you. Ha.

You didn't hear Merkal's speech when she said that the EU needs to look at not being reliant on NATO for it's defence then ? The EU Army is coming and it's being driven by the Germans. You've also not noticed the arguments in the UK about removing VAT from sanitary products but EU tax laws not allowing us to do so ? Or removing the 8% VAT from electricity and gas ? All facts - all well documented if you Google - but I guess your EU blindness stops you seeing these facts and instead you just dismiss them as propaganda.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ive been told here that the BBC is pro remain... who to believe

They do seem to be very sensitive to any mention of bias atm.Only piece I can find on the net so far:

lazy bums.jpg

Jan 30, 2008
You didn't hear Merkal's speech when she said that the EU needs to look at not being reliant on NATO for it's defence then ? The EU Army is coming and it's being driven by the Germans. You've also not noticed the arguments in the UK about removing VAT from sanitary products but EU tax laws not allowing us to do so ? Or removing the 8% VAT from electricity and gas ? All facts - all well documented if you Google - but I guess your EU blindness stops you seeing these facts and instead you just dismiss them as propaganda.
he's deluded
regards
DR

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Yes, yes , I've read all the "facts".

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
The problem as I see it is that the Brexit campaign was led by individuals who didn't actually want to win the referendum (with the exception of Farage).

Boris, Gove and a lot of the others were in it to raise their own profile and certainly, I believe , had no intention of winning.

This has resulted in a project that is full of ideology but with no clear vision of where we are heading.

All we can do is wait and see - but continual fighting from both sides just perpetuates the feeling of a lack of leadership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You really did fall for the propaganda didn't you. Ha.
EU leaders repeated state how they intend to pursue further integration. for example Macron mentioned both EU fiscal policy with harmonised Corporate tax and intergration of EU armies in first speech to EU. how is this propaganda? as for VAT i have read a considerable amount relating to a loophole, and its clear as day VAT (and import rules) are harmonised by EU, with a few odd exceptions still standing.

As Dave ensured an exemption from ever closer union between the EU and the UK, any EU Army and revised fiscal policy wouldn't necessarily have affected us, regardless of any new treaty.

so, its not propaganda, its something we dont have to worry about because we have an exemption? thats the sort of thinking that lost the referendum for remain, because a lot of people didn't believe you, including EU leaders who scoffed at the "agreement" and pointed that it didn't hold water until written into a treaty. we might have maintained exemptions, we might have gained new exemptions from closer integration, if the rest of Europe agreed. but they have no road map for dual speed EU so that all seems very unlikely and in the next round of treaties we'd be fighting just to keep out of the Euro (expected to be mandated in the next treaty for those still outside).

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
All you ever seem to find are screen captures of odd paragraphs from documents with no source ???

Well,perhaps if you actually read the thread,instead of cherry-picking things to make you seem clever,you might have realised the source was Jonty Bloom on the BBC.Could you not have googled it yourself,or if you're supremely lazy,asked Alexa?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
How would we tell?

Perhaps a kind person could tattoo it on your forehead,then you might see it in a shop window reflection.

Jan 30, 2008
The problem as I see it is that the Brexit campaign was led by individuals who didn't actually want to win the referendum (with the exception of Farage).

Boris, Gove and a lot of the others were in it to raise their own profile and certainly, I believe , had no intention of winning.

This has resulted in a project that is full of ideology but with no clear vision of where we are heading.

All we can do is wait and see - but continual fighting from both sides just perpetuates the feeling of a lack of leadership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nothing to do with the vote of the general public then? ,politicians should be acting on behalf of the people that voted to leave not conducting their own personal agendas
regards
DR

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
so, its not propaganda, its something we dont have to worry about because we have an exemption? thats the sort of thinking that lost the referendum for remain, because a lot of people didn't believe you, including EU leaders who scoffed at the "agreement" and pointed that it didn't hold water until written into a treaty. we might have maintained exemptions, we might have gained new exemptions from closer integration, if the rest of Europe agreed. but they have no road map for dual speed EU so that all seems very unlikely and in the next round of treaties we'd be fighting just to keep out of the Euro (expected to be mandated in the next treaty for those still outside).
Exactly. And precisely how would Merkel, Juncker and co. have re-acted to a resounding remain vote? "Dave old boy, you're obviously out of touch with your people! Come on, they're gung-ho for the EU, so get your act together, get in touch with your people and let's get on with closer integration, the EU army, euros for everyone and all the rest!" A vote to remain would have left Cameron without a leg to stand on in negotiations for exemptions.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
nothing to do with the vote of the general public then? ,politicians should be acting on behalf of the people that voted to leave not conducting their own personal agendas

No, no, no... MPs vote according to their beliefs not according to their constituents. That principle was set out by Burke in the 18th century - "Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion" - and it still holds today,

I wouldn't want MPs acting in any other way; to bow down automatically to public opinion is the way of madness.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here