Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Hopefully about to leave my workplace but startled by how bad the team I work with are getting.

Manager: saw another company offering a higher salary for the same job, told regional boss that he'd leave our company with no notice if regional boss didn't increase his salary in kind.

Deputy Mgr: making untold errors in all aspects of her job, has been given charge of rotas and fudged that up totally. Half of our team don't know when they're working, so deputy mgr was asked what the problem was and if she needed help. When asked the latter she went nutter butters not liking the fact her authority has been questioned, she'd rather make huge errors than accept the fact someone below her who knows what they're doing.

Team leader: made everyone sure she was the right candidate to 'lead' us/increase sales etc. Her style of leading us is making costly mistakes and then openly telling the team she flaps when under pressure, doesn't know what to do etc, and actually said 'people come in and expect me to know about products we're selling, we're not experts' etc.

Every other sales assistant we've had can't sell anything and will talk themselves out of sales. I did think if the interview process was lacking and recently, I happened to accidentally come across old files while throwing stuff out. Turns out the interview stage cut short to save time, and the bit that was cut was to demonstrate sales proficiency.

It's depressingly toxic.

Classic. Name that retailer or at least post a poll for us to guess...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
this morning I had to tell a 'creative person' their idea wouldn't work, expected toys out of pram, but no, then a colleague called them by the wrong name by mistake and they just walked out the room! bizarre behaviour ... and their idea still won't work : 0)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I emailed someone this afternoon asking for some numbers on something, and have just had this reply:

"Can you please reach out to me regarding these on Friday, as I will have a better idea then"

....I mean struth.

On reflection, I would rather "reach out" to you on Friday and peel your eyelids up over your eyebrows, you insufferable saccharin ponce.

(is what I should have replied with)

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I emailed someone this afternoon asking for some numbers on something, and have just had this reply:

"Can you please reach out to me regarding these on Friday, as I will have a better idea then"

....I mean struth.

On reflection, I would rather "reach out" to you on Friday and peel your eyelids up over your eyebrows, you insufferable saccharin ponce.

Let her know you will 'ping her on Friday'.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

....I mean struth.

Send an email on Friday saying you "reached out and touched faith."

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

....I mean struth.

Reading that has made me angry... Reach out and slap them on Friday.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Great 5,000th post! :thumbsup:

I hate the phrase reach out, or drop a note. Let's get together. :sick:

reach out.jpg

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Local salad bar had a 'deal' on for a cheap salad at lunchtime. Went to buy my work colleague a salad and they had run out of the deal ones. Thought i'd get him one anyway (since his mobile was off when i called him to check) so he didn't go hungry but it cost £4 rather than £2.50.When i returned he said didn't want it and refused to pay me unless i sold it to him for £2.50...Proper BELL in my book. Given i work out his bonus at year end could cost him more than £1.50 ???

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Local salad bar had a 'deal' on for a cheap salad at lunchtime. Went to buy my work colleague a salad and they had run out of the deal ones. Thought i'd get him one anyway (since his mobile was off when i called him to check) so he didn't go hungry but it cost £4 rather than £2.50.When i returned he said didn't want it and refused to pay me unless i sold it to him for £2.50...Proper BELL in my book. Given i work out his bonus at year end could cost him more than £1.50 ???

Charge a small admin fee.....maybe just enough to cover the cost of your own lunch as well ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Now then, folks. I kind of feel we need a bit of back-ground to this story.

On the face of it, this sick individual IS the bell-cheese here. But all the regulars on this thread just know EXACTLY how much those two (unquestionably fat, middle aged) women, will have undoubtedly DESERVED it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-38168327

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I work a lot with USA corporate types who when looking at proposals keep asking, 'Show me what it looks like' !?!?!?! WTF. I feel like sending them pic of Charlie Magri after the Hit Man Hearns fight and saying, 'this is what you'll look like if you don't start speaking f***ing English". I hope Trump bans buzzwork bingo BS.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Now then, folks. I kind of feel we need a bit of back-ground to this story.

On the face of it, this sick individual IS the bell-cheese here. But all the regulars on this thread just know EXACTLY how much those two (unquestionably fat, middle aged) women, will have undoubtedly DESERVED it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-38168327

At what point did someone go "hmmm thats weird my water bottle smells funny" "Lets set up surveillance cameras"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here