Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks Seagulls Travel

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I drove up today and met the steward of ST01, so found out about the issues when I spoke with him and he said he took an awful amount of abuse from those affected by the non attendance of ST02. Shameful from those who choose to take their frustrations out on fellow Albion fans.

Sergio Garcia

Jul 30, 2011
I'd like to meet all these posters that are quick to moan and see what someone who had never made a mistake looks like?

Jesus, it was not intentional and, whilst not great for all those that booked, it's not the end of the world. As Bozza says, every company makes mistakes and it's how you rectify that which is important.

So what was the contingency plan ? Taking into account the added confusion of the tickets not been allocated as well.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Anyone know why st01 took the scenic route home? It took and hour half longer on the way back....

theboybilly

Anyone know why st01 took the scenic route home? It took and hour half longer on the way back....

I'm guessing it was because of a major incident on the northbound M1 near Lutterworth. It was on the travel news that it was causing delays southbound too as people were slowing down to look. I got the news early and diverted down in my car via the A444

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm guessing it was because of a major incident on the northbound M1 near Lutterworth. It was on the travel news that it was causing delays southbound too as people were slowing down to look. I got the news early and diverted down in my car via the A444

The delay on the M1 south was minuscule ...M25 on the way up was dire

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
I drove up today and met the steward of ST01, so found out about the issues when I spoke with him and he said he took an awful amount of abuse from those affected by the non attendance of ST02. Shameful from those who choose to take their frustrations out on fellow Albion fans.

Am I missing something here ? What has the Steward on ST1 both to do with the non showing of ST2 ?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Am I missing something here ? What has the Steward on ST1 both to do with the non showing of ST2 ?

I think his phone number was on the list of emergency phone numbers. He was the only person to answer so unfortunately he copped the flack from some fed up ST2 passengers. You are of course quite right that none of it was his fault. As others have said it was a mistake which Seagull Travel have apologised for and have done everything possible to compensate passengers. As someone who was booked on ST2 I accept their apology and appreciate what they're offering in recompense. I've never had a problem with them before and I'm sure lessons will be learnt. It won't put me off using their services again.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So what was the contingency plan ? Taking into account the added confusion of the tickets not been allocated as well.

What do you expect should be the contingency plan? Do you think they should have spare coaches sitting around to cover all the coaches used? Shit happens sometimes and you just have to get on with it. I've never used Seagulls Travel but as Bozza pointed out, he's never heard a complaint about them before. They've apologized, offered refund, offered free travel to another game and will cover the cost of anyone getting there by car or train. Exactly what else would you realistically expect them to do.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Do you work for Seagulls Travel?

No. If I did, don't you think that I would have used their services!

Just think that a few people are going overboard. If this was a regular occurrence then it would be unacceptable (bit like Southern) but it isn't. Maybe they will have a contingency plan in place but a lot would depend on how soon they knew the coach was going to arrive. If they only found out when passengers complained then maybe that would have been too late to get a coach from a depot, get a driver and still get to the game on time.

The only comparison I have witnessed was in 78 when the seagull special we were on was stuck behind another broken down train (possibly another seagull special) on our way to Forest for a league cup tie. We never got there. BR provided free travel to Charlton (won 3-0 if memory serves me correctly) and they showed the game on a big screen at Hove town hall (although of course we already knew the result) as compensation. They may well have also refunded the cost of the original trip but I can't remember.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No. If I did, don't you think that I would have used their services!

Just think that a few people are going overboard. If this was a regular occurrence then it would be unacceptable (bit like Southern) but it isn't. Maybe they will have a contingency plan in place but a lot would depend on how soon they knew the coach was going to arrive. If they only found out when passengers complained then maybe that would have been too late to get a coach from a depot, get a driver and still get to the game on time.

The only comparison I have witnessed was in 78 when the seagull special we were on was stuck behind another broken down train (possibly another seagull special) on our way to Forest for a league cup tie. We never got there. BR provided free travel to Charlton (won 3-0 if memory serves me correctly) and they showed the game on a big screen at Hove town hall (although of course we already knew the result) as compensation. They may well have also refunded the cost of the original trip but I can't remember.

How times have changed, you really can't imagine Southern putting themsleves out, and providing free travel to a forthcoming game, should that happen nowadays.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I believe one of the coaches didn't turn up again today and people were asked to drive and would be allowed to park.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I believe one of the coaches didn't turn up again today and people were asked to drive and would be allowed to park.
Yeah, I was one of those affected, and missing the first five minutes of the game. Got to the bus stop around 1:45pm, ten minutes before it was due. Apparently broke down...and turned up after the match started (much like us).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here