Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hillsborough verdict: Fans unlawfully killed

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As it has been decided unlawful killing, by whom? Who will be held responsible and answerable?

From the BBC website

Police failures led to the deaths in the 1989 Hillsborough disaster.

Jurors answered yes to the question about whether any police error caused or contributed to a dangerous situation at the 1989 FA Cup semi-final.

The behaviour of Liverpool fans did not contribute to the dangerous situation at the turnstiles.

The CPS is considering legal charges now. Sheffield Wednesday club also failed with safety certificate, and agreeing numbers for the pens.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
There is a coroner in Sheffield that was also part of the cover up. Stefan Popper was his name and he was the one who laid down that all had died by 3.06pm that day

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So pleased for the families that the truth has now officially been laid bare. Unfortunately, this isn't the end for them. This is just another milestone. Justice has not been done, and may never be done given the time that has passed, but at least the truth is there for all to see.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But presumably no action against the Government ministers of the day who aided and abetted the smear campaign against the fans.

And probably nothing against The Sun either.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm not up on law but doesn't this open up The Sun to a pretty hefty libel case?

Only if individuals were named in the article. I don't read the Sun but from what I can gather it was about Liverpool fans in general. If it had said something like "Shocked police saw Joey Fazakerley, 27, of Anfield Road, take the wallet from the pocket of an unconscious fan" then, yes, Mr Fazakerley would have a case but I don't think they did

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Only if individuals were named in the article. I don't read the Sun but from what I can gather it was about Liverpool fans in general. If it had said something like "Shocked police saw Joey Fazakerley, 27, of Anfield Road, take the wallet from the pocket of an unconscious fan" then, yes, Mr Fazakerley would have a case but I don't think they did

Ah ok, thanks for that.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Headline story in The Sun is

Mum facing jail after taking daughter on family break in term time because her other children have different school holidays

Hillsboro verdict relegated behind that.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
There is a coroner in Sheffield that was also part of the cover up. Stefan Popper was his name and he was the one who laid down that all had died by 3.06pm that day

The jury have to name and list the causes and times of death for all 96 individually.

Many - if not most - times of death are coming in after Stefan Popper's fabricated 3.15 cut-off point.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Has that piece of gutter scum, Kelvin McKenzie been pressed for comment?

And maybe SIr Bernard Ingham...

Cg9oLJCXEAIIVrN.jpg_large.jpeg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The SUN and Thatchers paw marks were all over the smear campaign to blame the fans originally.

Thatcher genuinely believed it was the supporters who caused it. Mainly because of what the Police had told her. I think that oaf, Bernard Ingham, may have been her Press Secretary at the time.

As for The Sun, why that bog roll is still in circulation defies rational understanding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here