Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U.K. Holidays or Abroad ?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Tied to school holidays so shafted from all angles UK or abroad.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Just bought a mobile 2 berth Caravan for Jnr to live on site whilst undertaking 3 months work experience with an outdoor adventure activity company. Got to say that me and Mrs Mix are actually looking forward to hitching it up behind the motor and cluttering off for a few weekends away before he starts and after he's finished

Jul 7, 2003
Instead of one big holiday this year, we are thinking about two or three short/city breaks instead. Family want to see Switzerland (I get out there quite often for work and tell them how nice it is), Vienna or Salzburg are on the shortlist along with Amsterdam and Edinburgh.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Instead of one big holiday this year, we are thinking about two or three short/city breaks instead. Family want to see Switzerland (I get out there quite often for work and tell them how nice it is), Vienna or Salzburg are on the shortlist along with Amsterdam and Edinburgh.

You will be using the easyjet website quite a bit this year then?

Jul 7, 2003

Possibly although to be honest, BA are often fairly close price wise and I then get my Avios and tier points to go with my work travel points.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The *******s have now moved all their Gatwick operations to the north terminal. This is a right pain in the arse.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Since having kids, we have rediscovered the joys of holidaying in the UK. Two weeks on Arran and Mull this year.The boys love rockpooling and playing on the beach. They don't want to lie on a beach somewhere in 30 degrees.

The only thing to be avoided in the UK for us are attractions like theme parks - prices often take the piss.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
A couple of Devon and Cumbria cottage style breaks in plan.... but main hols are a month in Languedoc renting a house with pool right next to the Canal du Midi..... 35-40 degrees... fantastic wine and food... what's not to like.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Have two weeks booked in the Caribbean end of April/beginning of May then will have a cheapie somewhere in Europe in July I expect

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We've also got a six month old baby and a beloved dog so holidaying in the UK is right for us at the moment. We've visited the New Forest a couple of times and really enjoyed it. Our preferred choice is dog-friendly hotels or Air BnB's. Will probably give Cornwall or the Lake District a go next,

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just booked a week in Tenby, Pembrokeshire for our family's summer holiday this year.

My favourite place in the UK , just prey for good weather.
Been to Egypt last 3 years , exceptional value at the moment and really great and I'm still here !

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Already had a few sneaky days in Cornwall this year great place hopefully a few more later in year. Plus a trip abroad somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
My favourite place in the UK , just prey for good weather.
Been to Egypt last 3 years , exceptional value at the moment and really great and I'm still here !
Egypt is a hole... if your idea of a trip is being confined in a luxury prison camp then fine.....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Since having kids, we have rediscovered the joys of holidaying in the UK. Two weeks on Arran and Mull this year.The boys love rockpooling and playing on the beach. They don't want to lie on a beach somewhere in 30 degrees.

The only thing to be avoided in the UK for us are attractions like theme parks - prices often take the piss.

Arran is one of my all time favourite places I have visited - stunning.
We have always preferred UK holidays as there is so much to see in our own Islands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here