Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indian takeaway in Worthing

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
One of my sons who lives in Ferring says the same but a relative of my sister in law who also lives in Ferring swears by it but that is probably because it is cheap and BYO drinks and she is one for anything cheap, although being wealthy.

Maybe that;'s why she is wealthy BG, because she doesn't pay much for anything.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is that the one on the left going towards Findon village from Offington Corner near the BP Garage

No. Despite walking past that one several times most days, I couldn't tell you what that one is called, but I gave it two chances and won't go back. The Anaz is in the parade of shops on the other side of the road.

They do a chilli and cheese naan which is undoubtedly incredible unauthentic. It's bloody good though!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is near Tesco then I presume. There used to be a good fish and chip shop there some years ago C & C Fisheries but not sure what it is like now, I think it is more Kebabs now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Love Indian food and have tried most in Worthing.

Shaffiques is ok, but hasn't changed its menu in about 25 years.

We will give Anaz a try on the basis of this thread. Currently, we go to So India near Angmering station which is very good but slightly more expensive compared to others.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Love Indian food and have tried most in Worthing.

Shaffiques is ok, but hasn't changed its menu in about 25 years.

We will give Anaz a try on the basis of this thread. Currently, we go to So India near Angmering station which is very good but slightly more expensive compared to others.

I went to a Bangladeshi in the Boulevard Durrington 3 years ago. Is it still there and do you know its name?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Shame. The Anaz only manages a 3 on the government food hygiene ratings I'm afraid which excludes me. Indian Ocean gets a 5 though so I will give it a try for a change. Usually use the Mahaan as it's my closest. Very nice though.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
I've tried them all I think and always end up going back to the Mahaan. OM in Rowlands Road is good too. They are Nepalese so have lots of unusual dishes as well as Indian (Bangladeshi) standards. Chicken Choila is my favourite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I've had a takeaway from the Mahaan. Only had one from there because it is within spitting distance from my daughters house. Son in law is a massive fan of it, maybe that is a reflection on his and my daughters culinary skills! It was a lovely meal!

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Where did you settle for from the many recommendations?

Annoyingly the wife ordered from "Indian Ocean" before i could tell her about the advice that I had received from NSC.

we have tried shafiques before and that was excellent, tried to order from shafiques but couldn't get through at all. We tried for like 10minutes.
Now it looks like we have got quite a few places to try, with thanks to the best forum ever NSC.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Indian Ocean is easily the worst one of the many I've used over the years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here