Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No POTG at Charlton

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I just heard my grandson wants to go with his Grandad (who has a ticket) to Charlton. All tickets are sold on the Seagulls site. Is there any chance of Pay on the Gate this Saturday?

I reckon on the day something like the West Stand lower block H or G rarely sells out and is next to the away fans. I'm attaching a shot below of how that area looked when we visited in December 2012 - fairly empty.

StadiumBig.png

Charlton.jpg

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Love The Valley...proper football ground, reasonable atmosphere, we always take a few, boxing day 1-0 win......and also Buckley performance there was awful, not interested and I could have played better. Made it easier when he moved on remembering that performance.

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
There seemed to be way more fans than seats 2 years ago. Even the aisles were full.

this tends to happen because for some reason allocated seating is not followed when at away games, so there maybe empty seats but u cant see them it drives me mad cos I like to stay in the pub as long as possible when u get there late u cant always find a group of seats together

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Love The Valley...proper football ground, reasonable atmosphere, we always take a few, boxing day 1-0 win......and also Buckley performance there was awful, not interested and I could have played better. Made it easier when he moved on remembering that performance.

My first visit to The Valley was in Gus's first season, we won 2-1 which I seem to recall took us out of the relegation zone. I think it was a Tuesday night and Calde might have scored his first goal for us. We took about 2,500 which was pretty good for a midweek game. At the time I thought this stadium is great, hope we get one like this. Now I've been since we moved to the Amex I think, well this is a bit of a dump, there is no concourse and 1 little hut trying to cater for a couple of thousand fans. I've turned into a Amex snob!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My first visit to The Valley was in Gus's first season, we won 2-1 which I seem to recall took us out of the relegation zone. I think it was a Tuesday night and Calde might have scored his first goal for us. We took about 2,500 which was pretty good for a midweek game. At the time I thought this stadium is great, hope we get one like this. Now I've been since we moved to the Amex I think, well this is a bit of a dump, there is no concourse and 1 little hut trying to cater for a couple of thousand fans. I've turned into a Amex snob!

Benno scored the 2nd from 20yards in front of the away end - went mental! Think they scored with last kick of game!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here