Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A new Selhurst

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"I don't see how you could ever want a slightly revamped Crystal Palace over a new, purpose-built stadium”

Steve Parish

:lolol:
Good spot.

CPFC%20stadium.jpg

Just to be clear - were they going to use the stadium on the left, or on the right ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bit like your team :lolol: Joking not joking

Exactly. Better than what it is now, so its progress. Imagine if we did have a shiny new bowl like everyone else, just wouldnt feel right. Perennial scrappers always punk:

Considering how much they hate shiny new stadiums, the Always Ultras certainly seemed keen enough to get into one last week. Although, in traditional style, without paying the going rate.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Late to this but my word, it's funny.

The plans look absolutely shite. The cost is ridiculous. The time frame makes no sense. The planning has been non existent. The idea of hosting international football is pure comedy.

But my favourite bit is the costing of about £40m when the budget is £100m. CPOs and legal stuff aside, what's the other £60m going on?

Tinpot, spendthrift, pathetic, amateurish, laughable and shady as f*ck.

"The Palace way".

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It will be because planning constraints dictate that the materials used must blend in with the existing build. Some of those materials will be difficult to source since most date back as far the 1980s.

Would probably have to be in contact with The National Trust who take a keen interest in ancient buildings

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
1880s surely?

I wouldn't expect you to be an expert on South London like myself but I take particularly interest in architecture of national importance.

I was referring of course to the Holmesdale End. The fixtures and fittings were removed from the B&Q catalogue as early as the late eighties as the fashion is stadium design went from "shit" to "quite nice".

Whilst the Arthur Wait stand is much older it is Grade II listed being one of the last examples of a non cantilevered roof suspended with rusty poles.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To be fair - we should have done this at Withdean.

Attachments

• 113289043.jpg
    113289043.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Late to this but my word, it's funny.

The plans look absolutely shite. The cost is ridiculous. The time frame makes no sense. The planning has been non existent. The idea of hosting international football is pure comedy.

But my favourite bit is the costing of about £40m when the budget is £100m. CPOs and legal stuff aside, what's the other £60m going on?

Tinpot, spendthrift, pathetic, amateurish, laughable and shady as f*ck.

"The Palace way".

You're late to the party, but you are VERY welcome :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here