Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Log burner / wood burner etc advice please

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I've just ordered a Morso one for my new place, after some research. It probably helped that one of their two UK sales offices is within a few miles of me.

Everyone I spoke to said that getting the chimney lined was pretty much essential - it adds about a grand or so to the total cost.

Go on-line and I think you will find that there are numerous bad reviews about Morso units.

I am looking at getting a log burner and have found the following useful site.

http://www.clearviewstoves.com/

I particularly like the pioneer 400 unit. You need to get an airwash system that auto cleans the front glass from within.

Beware buying cheap Chinese units which come to the UK in two pieces (main unit and cover) and then are assembled in the UK and branded as 'British Made'.

TNBA

TTF

TNBA

TTF

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Go on-line and I think you will find that there are numerous bad reviews about Morso units.

I am looking at getting a log burner and have found the following useful site.

http://www.clearviewstoves.com/

I particularly like the pioneer 400 unit. You need to get an airwash system that auto cleans the front glass from within.

Beware buying cheap Chinese units which come to the UK in two pieces (main unit and cover) and then are assembled in the UK and branded as 'British Made'.

TNBA

TTF

TNBA

TTF

Clearview are the best by a country mile. I am on my third (none of them replacements) 2 in this house one in the previous. They are first class and so much better than anything else on the market. You pay a tad more but they are worth it.

Clearview + Good installer = a happy hot house!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Once you have your log burner installed invest in a heat powered stove fan that sits on the top of the stove and pushes the warm air around the room and also the rest of the ground floor
A great investment and just look them up on Amazon (about £40.00 )

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I can recommend Nordica stoves. Ours is excellent.

flint

Jul 9, 2003
eastbourne
Sussex fireplaces at Polegate.
Will do the complete job including chimney, fireplace and stove.
Very good
Also buy kiln dried logs, kindling and firelighters when u use your fire

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Sussex fireplaces at Polegate.
Will do the complete job including chimney, fireplace and stove.
Very good
Also buy kiln dried logs, kindling and firelighters when u use your fire

How much are their logs? They probably would not come to Shoreham anyway.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Thanks for the recommendation flint [emoji108]

Rogero we own Sussex Fireplace Gallery in Polegate and also now Grate Fireplaces in Portslade and we use different suppliers in each showroom.

Just Log It in Firle have been supplying Polegate for a few years now but for 18 months we have used the Olive Firewood Company for the shop in Portslade.

To be honest the Olive ones are chopped smaller which always gives a better burn so they would be my best recommendation for you.

All the best... Stu

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Thanks for the recommendation flint [emoji108]

Rogero we own Sussex Fireplace Gallery in Polegate and also now Grate Fireplaces in Portslade and we use different suppliers in each showroom.

Just Log It in Firle have been supplying Polegate for a few years now but for 18 months we have used the Olive Firewood Company for the shop in Portslade.

To be honest the Olive ones are chopped smaller which always gives a better burn so they would be my best recommendation for you.

All the best... Stu

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks for that,cheers.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Are you in a smoke-free zone? If not - go for multi-fuel rather than logs only. A little less efficient - but so much more heat in the colder months, and much easier to keep in overnight.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I have a yeoman CL5 midline cost about £1100 total price was 3.5k. Make sure get some form protection for the plaster behind the fire as it gets so hot, mine cracked. Great investment I save about £450 a year on my heating bills although you do have to pay for logs/coals. Try ifitfiresandflues he’s a Brighton fan so may do a deal for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here