Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott McGleish

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I met him a few years ago and when I said I was an Albion fan he said "your fans really hate me and I don't know why".
I couldn't recall what started it off but he was a wanker in the withdean days more than once

If he can't remember why we hate him he's an even bigger wanker than I thought he was.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That game was pretty nasty as I recall. Him giving it the going down in front of the North stand and Ray Wilkins getting attacked.
What a game that was. Didn't it finish 4-4? Red cards..?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

The GIF dude

Mar 22, 2013
Sidwell
I was fairly young at the time, but did he run to celebrate in front of us after equalising at Leyton Orient away in early 2010? Murray scored the first goal to make it 0-1 early on.

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
I was fairly young at the time, but did he run to celebrate in front of us after equalising at Leyton Orient away in early 2010? Murray scored the first goal to make it 0-1 early on.

Yes he did and so did their goalkeeper, it got a bit hostile and a lot of abuse was exchanged as you can imagine, to say the least ��

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I remember him celebrating pretty provocatively in front of the South Stand at Withdean after scoring (or one of his teammates did). Didn't go down well. Can't remember who he was playing for at the time, Northampton maybe.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Bottom of your garden you say?
Have you got a crossbow?

The roof of the extension would provide the best sightline and he is a much bigger target these days but my eyesight is not what it was (can’t imagine why) so this is not really feasible . Using a drone to buzz him when he is training is very tempting but the technology is beyond my financial means and probably my competence. Maybe a clearly branded banner is the best option.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Must be the last footballer playing that played at the Goldstone now. :down:

It was an incredible season. As someone once said "It was the worst of times but also the best of times".

Gutted I missed that 4-4 draw. I think Ray Wilkins said afterwards something like: "My brother Dean played here for a while and said what a great club it is so I'm a bit shocked at what went off but can understand their anger".

I certainly remember the next home game - Cardiff City and their hooligan element turning up. The only time I've ever got a kicking at a match. B@stards.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I remember him some years later at Colchester away (old Layer Road) warming up before coming on, right in front of our supporters at one end. He absolutly clearly knew he was hated and milked it.

I seem to recall that the bloke who went for Ray Wilkins managed to melt back into the crowd. Initials N.U. Or was that at an away game vs Orient?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We always had cracking games with Orient. And they always seemed to give us the whole stand alongside the pitch. Remember Russel Slade's first game back in 2009? He was stunned by the numbers of Brighton fans and came over before the kick off with his CLASSIC power to the people gesture in his rented suit and club tie! What an atmosphere, and Matt Heath (remember him?!) putting us in front, it was all going so well.

I seem to recall it was McGleish who scored the equaliser from the spot that day, before a last minute winner beat us 2-1. :down:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I went to see an FA Cup tie at Cheshunt FC today. I don’t follow them closely so was surprised to see Scott McGleish make a late substitute appearance for the home team. I live next to the ground and so for the rest of the season I have the pleasure of knowing that our favourite pantomime villain is training and playing at the bottom of my garden.

Not the fastest, but still has a decent touch..could he do a job? I could have a word.

Fantastic you're watching non league footy. Respect.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
First match I took my son to was Orient away in early 2000's. He was 6 or 7 and joined in the Scott McGleish is a w@nker chant with relish. Great away day's at Orient.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Orient were an excellent substitute for Palace in the dark days

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here