Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion FA Cup humiliation.

Jan 30, 2008
Just watching the rolling coverage on the beeb got me thinking, and I can just see a minnow coming down to us in the 3rd round & filling their boots. A south stand packed with away fans going mental, you just know it's going to happen. We're ripe for picking.
Pompey :D
regards
DR

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
True , but it's not THAT big an issue this season - concerntrating on the league

Can't agree with this. We need something to lift the gloom, and a good run in the Cup often leads to more confidence in the League. 'Concentrating on the League' is so dull, and devalues what used to be a great competition.

If we lose to some tinpot outfit our confidence levels won't be helped, will they.

Let's win it!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm convinced if we have an easy draw we can still get three points from it though ((c) Ashley Barnes)

Bedwetter! Far too negatıve. I can see 4 poınts. We draw down at Dover,say, and then pıck up the three poınts wıth a home wın ın the replay. If we can progress ın the Cup ıt may even gıve us enough poınts to reach the play offs.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
True , but it's not THAT big an issue this season - concerntrating on the league
Eh? People say that every season, but this is the one year where we DON'T have to concentrate on the league.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Eh? People say that every season, but this is the one year where we DON'T have to concentrate on the league.

The one time we did really well in the cup, we got relegated? Would you prefer an FA cup semi at Wembley and relegation or to stay up?

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
We will beat a League Two team in spectacularly unspectacular fashion, providing a statbreaker for the terminally over-optimistic as part of a 10-game run in which we draw eight and lose two (incredibly unlucky defeats, hinting at an imminent turning of the turgid tide). Our glorious leaders will respond to the win by backing Sami for another hundred transfer windows, convincing themselves they can persuade the league to award two points for a draw alongside enforcing FFP regulations. I'll be there and it will probably be cold and take ages to get home.

It must be said, This is without doubt my favourite post of 2014.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just watching the rolling coverage on the beeb got me thinking, and I can just see a minnow coming down to us in the 3rd round & filling their boots. A south stand packed with away fans going mental, you just know it's going to happen. We're ripe for picking.
there's nothing like a bit of positivity smudge !!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
We will beat a League Two team in spectacularly unspectacular fashion, providing a statbreaker for the terminally over-optimistic as part of a 10-game run in which we draw eight and lose two (incredibly unlucky defeats, hinting at an imminent turning of the turgid tide). Our glorious leaders will respond to the win by backing Sami for another hundred transfer windows, convincing themselves they can persuade the league to award two points for a draw alongside enforcing FFP regulations. I'll be there and it will probably be cold and take ages to get home.

Do you mean the FFP that Barber and gang Championed, telling the Football League they must stand firm over the punishments, or do you mean the new ‘Profitability and Sustainability’ regulations, that our suits hypercritically voted for, which allows larger debts and let 6 other Championship clubs who stayed firm, down in the vote?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The one time we did really well in the cup, we got relegated? Would you prefer an FA cup semi at Wembley and relegation or to stay up?
****'s sake. Look, it's NOT an 'either/or' situation. Just because 30 years ago we got to the Cup final and got relegated does NOT mean it will happen again. Do you understand? A good Cup run will give us confidence - and something to cheer. Losing at home in the 3rd Round to a Conference side doesn't mean we'll get promoted (or stay up, whatever it is we're panicking about this season). Likewise losing to Man U in the 5th round doesn't mean we'll get relegated.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Just an opinion. We shall see. I can imagine fans of non league or lower league clubs drawing us at our place being bang up for it & have every right to fancy a result given our form. Our style isn't exactly difficult to work out.
Shocks will Always happen to the best of teams, form book goes out of the window. But regardless of the current situation we have proven oursevles 3 times against lower league teams so can't understand the pesermision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here