Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No one posted this article link yet? Analysis of Albion's position. Warning: Grauniad link

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agreed! You ready to concede defeat on our bet yet? REMF have plans for your money, I'm sure.

I already have pretty much conceded to [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION], but will await the event itself (which shouldn't be too long). I suspect neither of us were expecting that it would be B&HA that would be smashing that points total we set at the start of the season.
PS if we do get promoted, we'll have to sort out an NSC tasting. The mind boggles.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I already have pretty much conceded to @Triggaaar, but will await the event itself (which shouldn't be too long). I suspect neither of us were expecting that it would be B&HA that would be smashing that points total we set at the start of the season.
PS if we do get promoted, we'll have to sort out an NSC tasting. The mind boggles.

Fair enough. No! Our season has been way better than I could possibly have thought it would be. And yet... If we're still playing in the Championship next season, I'll be disappointed. How fickle am I?

An NSC tasting for promotion? Has to be done, doesn't it?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That's an excellent analysis - very fair.

I note however the obligatory spelling mistake that seems to be in every reasonable length article/piece in any decent medium (the BBC website is currently the worst, imo), with the exception of the FT and the Economist. Here - it's "phasing" instead of "fazing".

Not according to the Oxford Dictionary.

Usage

Faze has no connection with the word phase and should not be spelled with a ph-, although this is a common error: almost a quarter of citations for the word in the Oxford English Corpus are for the incorrect spelling.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/faze

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not according to the Oxford Dictionary.
Usage

Faze has no connection with the word phase and should not be spelled with a ph-, although this is a common error: almost a quarter of citations for the word in the Oxford English Corpus are for the incorrect spelling.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/faze

Indeed. [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] has already pointed out it wasn't a spelling mistake; more a choice of the wrong word. A point I have already conceded. I actually think that the author probably meant "faze" but spelt it "phase", which in many ways is worse still.

The main point I was making is that there is at least one error in any reasonable length article/piece these days, almost irrespective of medium - with the BBC website being consistently the worst.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Indeed. [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] has already pointed out it wasn't a spelling mistake; more a choice of the wrong word. A point I have already conceded. I actually think that the author probably meant "faze" but spelt it "phase", which in many ways is worse still.

The main point I was making is that there is at least one error in any reasonable length article/piece these days, almost irrespective of medium - with the BBC website being consistently the worst.

My mistake. I thought you were correcting his use of faze (it had been amended on the website when I read it)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Brilliant. I do hope you were at least tempted to reply to him?

It will do no good for my yogurt knitting liberal credentials, but I have to admit that I am not registered with The Guardian's CIF. I see checking back that a few Seagulls have put him straight and in his responses he seems quite reasonable: That's The Guardian for you: Everyone's nice really.

However, I am now finding myself irrationally annoyed by the Arsenal fan on there who has been lovely about us, but who keeps calling us 'The Gulls'.

Must not register, must not register.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here