Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray as legendary as Zamora and Ward - Elphick

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
As kid I absolutely idolised Ward. For me he'll always be the One. But Bobby and Glen are both great contributors to the wonderful history of our Albion.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
He could have gone anywhere else, but he didn't. Incidentally how would you feel if he had handed a transfer request in preseason and wanted to go to Palarse but we blocked it???

Oh yes i would love to see him give it large, of course he won't because he loves them too much.

He looks quite happy in this picture though.

Your ability to consistently post utter nonsense amazes me.

D

Deleted member 2719

Are you completely mad? When he played for Palarse he was a Palarse player. What would you expect when he scored for them? A meltdown? FFS!

Okay you are you happy when someones being described as a legend goes to Palarse, then comebacks to the Albion and then trys to go back to palarse again.
Zamora and Ward are legends, with Kerry Mayo, Gary Hart, Dean Wilkins and others that actually enjoyed being at the Albion.
Can I suggest your the Wonkey donkey if you still happy to back that sort of disloyalty.

Your ability to consistently post utter nonsense amazes me.

Thanks, but the few post that you have done through the years they have all been amazingly boring and all about i am considerably better than you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Okay you are you happy when someones being described as a legend goes to Palarse, then comebacks to the Albion and then trys to go back to palarse again.
Zamora and Ward are legends, with Kerry Mayo, Gary Hart, Dean Wilkins and others that actually enjoyed being at the Albion.
Can I suggest your the Wonkey donkey if you still happy to back that sort of disloyalty.

Thanks, but the few post that you have done through the years they have all been amazingly boring and all about i am considerably better than you.

Evidence?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

I rest my case.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What? After coming back to the Albion, when did he try and then go to Palace, and where's your proof?

:rolleyes:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
For me, Murray is undoubtedly a club legend, but then I regard many of last year's squad as club legends. I don't think you can categorically say anyone is or isn't (unless we are talking Ward/Zamora), but given everything that Murray has helped us achieve, it's pretty difficult to argue that he isn't objectively one of our all-time greats in the past 30 years. Also, it's very impressive to have done what he's done in 2 spells with the club. You very very rarely get such a good contribution second time round. Also, it's been quite nice to see him develop from the rather moody youngster that he was to the less serious individual that he is now.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
One of his biggest fans, but no, he won't ever be in the same league as Bobby or Peter Ward.
He just isn't that sort of player.

However he will always be remembered as a crucial member, of the legendary team that finally won promotion to the Premier league.
I'm sure that's good enough for Glenn.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Fired us into the championship in time for Falmer, fired us into the Prem in style....scoring for fun to make our first year in the Prem way less stressful than my wildest dreams. LEGEND in my eyes - the Palace taint makes it almost better now = FFS!!!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
As kid I absolutely idolised Ward. For me he'll always be the One. But Bobby and Glen are both great contributors to the wonderful history of our Albion.
he was my first football hero, Zamora came close and if Glenn kept us in PL for 2 seasons he would gain legend status although by with half the team.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Isn't he now our all time top scorer? At a rate of 1 in 2?

Didn't he score the goals that swept us into the Championship with such aplomb?

Didn't he also score the goals that fired us into the top flight for the first time in 3 decades?

Consistently delivers and is, for me, easily a legend.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think if Murray celebrated more in the fashion he did with the last minute winner at Birmingham last year, he would be taken to our hearts more. Maybe that's what the disconnect is?

I think you might have a point. Really he should be up there with Zamora and Ward, but there just isn't the same amount of love for him as he doesn't seem to 'give it back'. The Palace connection doesn't enter into it. For me one of the greatest of Albion legends is Alan Mullery - and he went to Palace as well.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Has without doubt cemented his name in the Legendary camp alongside Ward & Zamora. Murrays game is actually a better all round game & other than his time away, which both others had too, has been a true club hero.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here