Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Doctor Foster

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
At times it's painfully unbelievable. Makes me think 'Christ, did the scriptwriter REALLY think they could get away with that?'.

Would a real-life GP, a smart snappy woman like Doctor Foster, really hang around with low-lives to help her trap her cheating husband? Would she really risk a criminal conviction and being struck off for life for using medication as a bribe for information? Would she she sleep with another guy to merely get access to her hubby's accounts? This is the tip of the iceberg...

In fact the entire first series feels more like a fantasy than a real-life drama.

However, Suranne Jones is wonderful in the role and the story is at least spicy and authentic. Just ignore all the silly stuff and you'll enjoy it.
I have been watching the first series of Top of The Lake on Netflix and virtually every character is seriously messed up. Hastings and AC 12 would have torn the local plod to pieces over procedures. Unbelievable.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
It's a great show, I'm gripped. I showed particular interest when she was having dinner with her female colleague over a few bottles of wine, who then stated that she preferred sleeping with women now (iphone gets put down for full concentration). So the wine flows, and then promise of desert - but then Dr Foster just buggers awf. iphone back in hand.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have been watching the first series of Top of The Lake on Netflix and virtually every character is seriously messed up. Hastings and AC 12 would have torn the local plod to pieces over procedures. Unbelievable.

Top of the Lake was superb, both series

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Yep, with most of you here, Dr Foster, Liar, Strike all good stuff but just couldn't get into Relik or China Girl/Top of the Lake.

Anyone watching "Black Lake" - story-line starting to weaken now we're half way through - spoken in Danish with English sub-titles also detracts a wee bit too ....

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I watched Top of the Lake a while ago, I think it is an Australian or New Zealand production, didn't know about another series and wouldn't mind seeing that.
Just finished watching Ozark, it was a slow starter but really got better, can't wait for season 2, it has a touch of 'Breaking Bad' about it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yep, with most of you here, Dr Foster, Liar, Strike all good stuff but just couldn't get into Relik or China Girl/Top of the Lake.

Anyone watching "Black Lake" - story-line starting to weaken now we're half way through - spoken in Danish with English sub-titles also detracts a wee bit too ....

Yes watching Black Lake ..bbc4’s diet of Nordic thrillers continues

Tonight’s episode of Dr Foster was enjoyable

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Saw the first series of Dr Foster. Thought it was excellent all the way through until the final episode, which I found all a bit weak.

Husband has already watched the new episodes that have been brought so far. I've not seen a single one. There goes your theory, [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here