Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fish and chips at the Amex

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Reckon the fish and chips is ok but not great. The burger stall next to them does much better burgers than the ones from the concourse though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've had fish and chips at the ground several times and I've always thought it's been pretty good - freshly cooked (sometimes have to wait for fish). I'm genuinely surprised at the portion size comments - I can't usually eat it all (and I've got a big appetite). They definitely do sausages and breaded chicken as well.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I've had the chips there quite a few times. Good portion, not awfully priced (for a football ground), can have cheese and/or curry sauce if you want (for an extra £1), and always hot and tasty.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've found the fish and chips at the ground to be good, though the portion of fish is quite small, you get a fair amount of chips. The burger van next door is good too.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've only ever had one festive pie at the Amex so can't help here.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So, [MENTION=4573]Green Cross Code Man[/MENTION] it is clear from this thread that the fish and chips are both very tasty and utterly tasteless, the batter is crispy and soggy, generously filled with succulent pieces of fish and barely filled with anything. Likewise the chips (minus the fish bit). Portion sizes are generous and miserly. Enjoy.
(That's assuming you have waited for a year of NSC comments before taking the plunge)

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So, [MENTION=4573]Green Cross Code Man[/MENTION] it is clear from this thread that the fish and chips are both very tasty and utterly tasteless, the batter is crispy and soggy, generously filled with succulent pieces of fish and barely filled with anything. Likewise the chips (minus the fish bit). Portion sizes are generous and miserly. Enjoy.
(That's assuming you have waited for a year of NSC comments before taking the plunge)

Right. Time for us all to now demonstrate our foody credentials so he can decide who to believe.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ha, I did sample them. They were good. How I'd love to sample them tonight but alas I'm unable to go due to a back injury. Two matches in a row now!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Will try out the fish and chips for the first time soon. It's the queues that put me off

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Must admit the gourmet beef burger and chips in the sun harvest lounge at the valencia game was very nice and looked good quality. Not cheap at £14.50 but as good as a decent gastropub burger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here