Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ECB approve new 100 ball competition

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
From Englands point of view would they not be better employed doing something to improve both the 4 day County Championship, like smaller division and home and away like football and also sorting out the shambles called England ie the Test Team.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
From Englands point of view would they not be better employed doing something to improve both the 4 day County Championship, like smaller division and home and away like football and also sorting out the shambles called England ie the Test Team.

The England team is not a shambles. Just another team that spanks at home and loses away. I did some figures and found we have only lost two series at home since 2001 (both South Africa) that didn't involve stand alone Tests.

The County Championship has already moved to half its size and involves home and away.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Words fail me..after the demise of overseas TMS now this ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The England team is not a shambles. Just another team that spanks at home and loses away. I did some figures and found we have only lost two series at home since 2001 (both South Africa) that didn't involve stand alone Tests.

The County Championship has already moved to half its size and involves home and away.

We lost 1-0 at home to India in 2007 (3 Tests) and Sri Lanka in 2014 (2 Tests) as well.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
“Start the car. I’ve not even parked the ****ing thing yet”. David Lloyd 100 ball final 2019 @ Old Trafford.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
It's a load of bolloxs. Paying to watch a beer match sorry not for me.

As it is four day cricket is crammed into April / May and August / September so T20 can become the pinnacle of our summer cricket. Next will be franchise cricket played only at Test Arenas killing the counties income, yes Sussex included.

This has to stop in order to save Test Cricket and our Counties. Money grabbing, greedy boards will be the death of Test cricket.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It's a load of bolloxs. Paying to watch a beer match sorry not for me.

As it is four day cricket is crammed into April / May and August / September so T20 can become the pinnacle of our summer cricket. Next will be franchise cricket played only at Test Arenas killing the counties income, yes Sussex included.

This has to stop in order to save Test Cricket and our Counties. Money grabbing, greedy boards will be the death of Test cricket.

Vic Marks agress, see second to last paragraph.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...ll-plans-gimmick-kill-off-county-championship

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here