Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Performance was terrible, but a win is a win. Black Computer analysis:

Blunder.JPG

Doesn't show brilliancies, it seems.

White:

Inaccuracy.JPG

Pretty dammin report. A bit like football stats?

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A word of warning. Dont make moves after celebrating an Albion victory. I’m playing like a complete novice now.

Certainly not match fit.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A word of warning. Dont make moves after celebrating an Albion victory. I’m playing like a complete novice now.

Certainly not match fit.

I've never managed to work out how to avoid silly moves or blunders.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’m Ian, BH-Albion on NSC and Chess.com - I know Danny (seahaven69) from years ago when we used to play local tournaments.
Wo, you've joined NSC so you can play the chess tournament - and you played local chess tournaments. **** that shit.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I recognise some of these. Who are you all?

Battleman
OneLoveBHA
Connaught8
mrhairyNSC
GiraffeBHA
attila1957
Neastgull
Harroldalbion
PawnStasher
roasting_chessnuts
Sisterdolly
Glencvs
seahaven69
PercevalXxxx
Gwyddbwyll56
Bhabob
BH-Albion
silkyw1lky
GuyFawkes2018
Dick_Head_00 (this one's me!)
Glaucus
BHA_Pickles
petef94
kneonlight

I'm Gwyddbwyll56

Just my luck to be drawn seahaven69 of local tournament fame

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm starting to wonder if I've bitten off more than I can chew.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Wo, you've joined NSC so you can play the chess tournament - and you played local chess tournaments. **** that shit.

I’m surprised by the high standard of NSC members. Very enjoyable though. Be a shame after all the hard work by Pickles and Matthew to let things get spoilt

Regards glencvs

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The only requirement is you're an Albion fan no? ???
Yeah, but no doubt some grand master around the world likes Brighton, and it'd be a bit a of a piss take if they turn up to smash everyone.

I know it's only for fun, so getting smashed is no big deal, but having excellent players turn up doesn't seem quite right. We might as well have half the people from the local chess clubs (I'm sure plenty of them check out our scores) turn up to give the NSC folk a thrashing. It wouldn't be quite the casual NSC tournie it started out as.

Anyway, I'm not even playing, it's just an opinion :thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Lost all 6 of mine, resigned the last 2 quite quickly. Need to go and have some time on the board before we go again.

Good luck though peeps. Can’t believe in the space of 2/3 years how I’ve gone downhill.

BUT I’ll be back.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think it will sort itself out. I won two of my games as the bloke was timed out but I'm clearly against two stronger players in the other games. But, as I understand it, once we know our strengths, it's easier to sort out a couple of leagues.

I know I'll finish third in my group, as I haven't played chess for 40 years, but the next time I'll be more evenly matched and I may know what I'm doing the next time

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Can we have a 'plate' type competition for the 3rd and 4th place finishers

Agree with this. i have struggled to keep on top of 6 games at once as havent played for years and its makng me very slow. However I am really loving it but would prefer a type of knockout so I could concentrate on 1 game only and start to develop an understanding of the different openings etc.

Perhaps a straight knockout tournament for the 3 and 4 from each group so there is still an interest if you lose at the group stage

BH-Albion

Feb 21, 2018
Have followed posts on NSC for a long time and a life long Albion supporter home and away for 40+ years, certainly didn’t enter to get any satisfaction from beating anyone, just st trying to join in what seemed a good idea ;-)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Well I had a couple of great games with Attila that I really enjoyed, mainly the one I scraped a win in! He is very very good I think, and still not quite sure how I didn’t lose both of them.

What’s the next stage?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here