Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottenham - New Stadium Photographs

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hype over Spuds on an Albion forum.

Don't recall threads about the new mega stadia / stands at Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea.

It will have a 17,000 single tier 'Kop' style terrace, a microbrewery and bakery on site. I think this stadium could raise the bar in this country.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
I hate Spurs almost on a Palace hater level.

If I EVER have to go & watch them again, I won't be apologising for my actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Come on Tony, get that cheese room sorted.

Not that I don't want us to get promoted, but I've been waiting for a big game to visit the "new" wembley, not a trip to spuds!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fantastic pics IMO and proof that Spurs are probably well on their way to "mega-club" status. I have no axe to grind with them and actually most people I know who follow Spurs are sound so I'm quite pleased for them. I should imagine the 17,000 capacity kop is going to be a great experience for their supporters.

As an aside, the number of world class stadiums in London is going to be insane. Chelsea and Spurs will soon be adding 60,000 capacity grounds to Wembley, Twickenham, the Emirates and the ugly step child of big stadia, the "London" stadium.

There isn't another city in the world with this number of quality stadiums - the city could almost hold a major championship on its own.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wish we'd had the foresight to make the north bigger and steeper somehow but I guess that would have meant planning from scratch.

I really don't think it would have been a lack of foresight. Our architect KSS Design Group are experienced stadium designers who would have gone through all the options. Given the context and topography of our location, compromises would have had to have been made, in terms of where the highest part of the stadium could be orientated, and what that would mean if that was an 'end' and not a 'side'.

I really don't think it would have been a lack of foresight, but it would have been part of the decision making process through the design phase.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Amazing looking stadium however what amazes me more is how small the site looks with huge stands emptying onto very small pavement/side roads. Could be a nightmare traffic/congestion wise to make the Amex look a logistical dream

You mean the same issues that the Emirates doesn't have?

It's in the same place WHL was and the transport options within a half a mile are as extensive in any as London.

It'll almost be like old times where people use their feet to get there and back!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

It's in the same place WHL was and the transport options within a half a mile are as extensive in any as London.

It'll almost be like old times where people use their feet to get there and back!

100 per cent agree. The walk to and from WHL is a great football experience.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

White Hart Lane station isn't really up to the task as things stand, so a considerable upgrade will be required for larger crowds. Northumberland Park ditto. Buses along the High Road are plentiful before matches but seem to disappear afterwards.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Athletic Club Bilbao did the same with San Mamés and they spent a season playing on the new pitch with only three sides to the ground whilst the fourth 'common' side was demolished and rebuilt. Impressive it is too. Spurs spending £800m makes me think it will be pretty spectacular, given that the AMEX cost 15% of that and is pretty spectacular too.

TNBA

TTF

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
It will have a 17,000 single tier 'Kop' style terrace, a microbrewery and bakery on site. I think this stadium could raise the bar in this country.

We all wish! Instead it'll be 17k fans standing behind seats, in a far less safe set-up than a 25k Kop designed for standing. Crazy.

PG

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
White Hart Lane station isn't really up to the task as things stand, so a considerable upgrade will be required for larger crowds. Northumberland Park ditto. Buses along the High Road are plentiful before matches but seem to disappear afterwards.

True but they didn't upgrade Arsenal, Holloway Road or Tufnell Park and the Emirates works fine. *shrug*

Like I said if people want to come they'll find a way and it's a bit diff to the Amex which is a solid 2.5 mile walk to anywhere useful parking/transport wise.

I've no truck with Spurs but just pleased to see them and Chelsea not move from traditional heartlands, it's good for the game.

Palace on the other hand can move to An island in the Thames and become East London RedBlues [emoji769] for all I care...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Athletic Club Bilbao did the same with San Mamés and they spent a season playing on the new pitch with only three sides to the ground whilst the fourth 'common' side was demolished and rebuilt. Impressive it is too. Spurs spending £800m makes me think it will be pretty spectacular, given that the AMEX cost 15% of that and is pretty spectacular too.

TNBA

TTF

Real Betis are doing the same currently, rebuilding their popular Curva Sud.

PG

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

TNBA

TTF

To my mind I can't understand why Spurs aren't doing likewise as the reduced new stadium capacity while it's being finished would still eclipse WHL in its final denuded form and as they're not putting tonnes into transport infrastructure (as discussed elsewhere) there appears to be no material benefit to moving to Wembley for any reason other than greed - hoping to attract >60k per match.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
True but they didn't upgrade Arsenal, Holloway Road or Tufnell Park and the Emirates works fine. *shrug*

Like I said if people want to come they'll find a way and it's a bit diff to the Amex which is a solid 2.5 mile walk to anywhere useful parking/transport wise.

I've no truck with Spurs but just pleased to see them and Chelsea not move from traditional heartlands, it's good for the game.

Palace on the other hand can move to An island in the Thames and become East London RedBlues [emoji769] for all I care...

Apart from University parking, Bridge parking, a rail station and the most extensive network of dedicated bus and coach services for any club in the country!

Holloway Road is closed to enter after the game, to avoid overcrowding. Arsenal has long queues. There is a reason those seats empty early.

Hard to see how Spurs will work with that many fans.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here