Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there anyone left..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
...who still thinks the clueless bin-dipping Finnish prick should be give more time?

Only I'd say I haven't seen NSC quite as unanimous as this on any subject before.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I just posted this on another thread which sums up my feelings…

We appear to currently have a manager who has a system he likes to play - irrelevant who his players are.

Now Sami may well have been dealt a poor hand with our transfer dealings, but I just feel a manager worth his corn would start playing to their strengths. I've got friends who didn't like Garcia, but are now singing his praises in that at least he got his team competing and basically had them playing to their strengths.

We're now neither very good defensively or offensively. I think Greer's form has nose dived with the added pressure of covering vacant fullback positions. Our defending is a mess at times. They're all decent players, but the roles they are being asked to do are incredibly challenging that in a game there isn't any real respite for them. If we're doing well, then we're left with 2 at the back and no defensive width.

Bennett is excellent going forward, but very slow in getting back. Calderon is an adequate Championship full back - he is a long way short of a marauding wing back and is being asked to do a job he simply shouldn't be asked to do. Let the guy do what he's best at - defending, with the occasional overlapping run.

'Overlap' is not a tactic being used by us at all as it happens. We've got no one running between the lines, dropping back in to let someone run beyond. We're very square in the way we play, making it easy to organise against.

I'm really lost with what Hyppia is trying to achieve. I defended Garcia as I thought he had a system that could evolve into something better, and there was an organisation there that for the large part worked, despite being a bit dull at times. We look poor in comparison at the moment and the second season running we've gone backwards.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
.............to blame?

Seems no one can make their mind up whether the players are shit, Hypia is shit, Burke is an idiot, Barber is the Devil or Tony has made a clanger with all of the current appointments.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're gonna wee-wee all over this division.
We'll have it won by March.

Simples.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I think they should keep him for a month and then review.

1. it will be costly to pay him off.
2. Whoever comes in will smell blood and won't do it cheap if he's any good.
3. He is not solely responsible for the problems judging by posts.
4. They have only lost one game by more than one goal.
5. They are a relatively new team.
6. A lot of posters seem to be very naive about the quality of the Championship.
7. If the club DO end up going down, why are so many people assuming they'll do a Portsmouth. Why not a Wolves? or Bristol City even.
8. When you quote the mantra 'keep the faith' you might actually consider what that means.
9. Take Buckley, Upson, Bridge, Bridcott, Ulloa etc away from most Championship squads and try to replace them with finite recourses given who's available and you will see a struggling team.
10. How unlucky can a manager be for ALL strikers to be so ineffective over such a long period. If that's down to tactics, it must take some doing!
11. Brighton actually struggled with their scoring LAST season if you look at the stats.
12. At the very least you might as well leave him in charge for the Bournemouth game which they'll probably lose whoever is in charge etc etc etc

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't remember ever calling for a manager to be sacked. At worst I remain silent. I'm still voting in on the in/out polls, but I don't know if that's because I think he deserves more time or if it's just that I don't want to wish someone to lose their job.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think they should keep him for a month and then review.

1. it will be costly to pay him off.
2. Whoever comes in will smell blood and won't do it cheap if he's any good.
3. He is not solely responsible for the problems judging by posts.
4. They have only lost one game by more than one goal.
5. They are a relatively new team.
6. A lot of posters seem to be very naive about the quality of the Championship.
7. If the club DO end up going down, why are so many people assuming they'll do a Portsmouth. Why not a Wolves? or Bristol City even.
8. When you quote the mantra 'keep the faith' you might actually consider what that means.
9. Take Buckley, Upson, Bridge, Bridcott, Ulloa etc away from most Championship squads and try to replace them with finite recourses given who's available and you will see a struggling team.
10. How unlucky can a manager be for ALL strikers to be so ineffective over such a long period. If that's down to tactics, it must take some doing!
11. Brighton actually struggled with their scoring LAST season if you look at the stats.
12. At the very least you might as well leave him in charge for the Bournemouth game which they'll probably lose whoever is in charge etc etc etc

It's not naivety, it's not judging the quality of the squad - it's the tactics in front of our eyes!

We're not playing simple football, it's all over the place. We're poorly organised and almost no one is being used to their strengths. It's really desperate stuff out there and it's killing me that we should be better, maybe not top 8 better, but certainly out of the bottom 8!

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
It's not naivety, it's not judging the quality of the squad - it's the tactics in front of our eyes!

We're not playing simple football, it's all over the place. We're poorly organised and almost no one is being used to their strengths. It's really desperate stuff out there and it's killing me that we should be better, maybe not top 8 better, but certainly out of the bottom 8!
What 10 outfield extremely well payed pros can't accept any responsibility for the way they play a football match? It can't ALL be down to SH! Well done for picking up on the couple of points you don't agree with btw

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I just hope that Tony Bloom is now in the "out" camp and will do what has to be done in the hours (ideally not even days) to come

el punal

...who still thinks the clueless bin-dipping Finnish prick should be give more time?

Only I'd say I haven't seen NSC quite as unanimous as this on any subject before.
A bit personal aren't you? He may be failing as a manager and you/me/us have every right to criticise him for it. But to insult him in the manner that you have done doesn't exactly show you up in a good light does it?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
The season has already gone, give him untill January. At least he would have had a fair crack at it and then he can't complain when we do sack him.

Plus a relegation battle is good for attendances :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A bit personal aren't you? He may be failing as a manager and you/me/us have every right to criticise him for it. But to insult him in the manner that you have done doesn't exactly show you up in a good light does it?
Sorry Sami, if you're out there. And sorry el punal for making you so cross. :-(

I'm sure you're a lovely guy and all that Sami, but I'm unimpressed.

Please can we have a proper manager?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What 10 outfield extremely well payed pros can't accept any responsibility for the way they play a football match? It can't ALL be down to SH! Well done for picking up on the couple of points you don't agree with btw

For starters, our full backs who are there to defend to not be wingers. Calderon has played the majority of his career as a conventional full back. Let's be fair the Championship is his limit, and yet he's being asked to do a role that doesn't suit him.

This has a knock on effect on Dunk and Greer, who when we have the ball are left covering the vacant width.

As we have no real width, when we play it short out of defence, when our full backs have it, there is no one down the line for them as an option. Rotherham yesterday knew this and easily smothered us getting the ball out.

We have 3 small strikers, and yet there is no overlapping with our 3 midfielders, no dropping in and out, no running from deep. It is no great surprise our strikers aren't scoring, but because we're not opening teams up.

It's not all down to SH, but he is in no way helping the players sending them out with jobs they can't do or don't understand.

I'm not going to pick up every point for goodness sake, bloodyhell I have got a life! (sort of…)

Tyreman123

Jun 27, 2013
OP ....you are being very rude and no better than most spineless trolls that insult people on line hiding behind the keyboard!.. whatever the managers faults and failings he doesn't deserve cowardly abuse from the likes of you or anybody else!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The season has already gone, give him untill January. At least he would have had a fair crack at it and then he can't complain when we do sack him.

Plus a relegation battle is good for attendances :)
It has not already gone.

6 points rather than 2 vs Huddersfield and Rotherham and we'd be in a much better position.

Something does have to change quickly though.

Either Sami has to change his tactics, or he has to go now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here