Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Full respect to the Homosexual and Lesbian community, God loves us all

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No. His family...particularly his wife and kids watch a lot of soaps and he felt there was too much gay/lesbian content. Personally, I don't watch them, so can't really comment.
I do agree that Gay Pride should be renamed Pride or Brighton Carnival. Its served its purpose and now is nothing more than a second rate Notting Hill Carnival. Peter Tatchell and Stonewall have had their time. They succeeded in raising public awareness/consciousness about gay issues. Laws were changed. Some countries/religions will still persecute. You may never change views in parts of Africa/the Indian Sub Continent and other parts of the world. Thats something we all have to live with.
If you are comfortable with your own sexuality, then you should never have a problem with others and their private lives.
It was renamed Pride about ten years ago. The only time I ever see it referred to as Gay Pride is when someone is moaning about it on here.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well let's be honest,you are right,you are born that way,however i am talking about those that choose,sorry i was wrong..

Really? Do you honestly think that you or I would wake up one morning and think "What should I choose today for breakfast, porridge, Weetabix or COCK?"

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
This is what "Pride" means to me.

pride+of+lions+ultra+HD+wallpapers.jpg

Oct 25, 2003
Depends whether you follow the teachings of Christianity or not, I suppose.

I personally don't.

"pride" in the 7 deadly sins is "hubris" in greek and is more getting at arrogance and thinking of yourself as superior to those around you...with excessive admiration of yourself

i don't think it takes a christian to think that these are unhelpful qualities

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
"pride" in the 7 deadly sins is "hubris" in greek and is more getting at arrogance and thinking of yourself as superior to those around you...with excessive admiration of yourself

i don't think it takes a christian to think that these are unhelpful qualities

All I was saying is that the concept of the "seven deadly sins" is a Christian one.

EDIT: Proverbs 6:16-19, apparently.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'm proud to be labelled a bigot. With the knowledge that my body parts are only used as designed by God. And not as "adapted" (often with artificial stimulants) by a community who have branded themselves "happy".

Oh yes it is.. and also at football games. I have already testified to that. And it was long before your "Pride".

Meanwhile, the rest of civilization are coming to terms with everyone isn't the same as themselves, and sexuality isn't a choice. When was the last time to looked beyond your net-curtains?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here