Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Worst name for a kid ever....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At my graduation a very long time ago, Ghengis Khan was called up to receive his degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have taught two Imran Khans. I made a waspish comment about cricket to one of them once. He had no clue what I was going on about. 'Supports' Man U :facepalm: ****ing live-at-home-with-mum-and-dad Londoners....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
BTW do I recall two international Rugby players who played for England and France respectively: Austin Healey and Remy Martin ?

Indeed. There was also a French rugby player called Jean Condom. I'd love it if he were known as Johnny

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yes, but that is bollocks:

"EVERARD ALPHONSE DICK, 48, of St Peters Avenue, Aylesbury. On August 8 2013 drove an MGF in Fowler Road after consuming 60 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath (legal limit is 35mgs). Pleaded guilty. Disqualified from driving for 17 months, fined £430, costs £200, victim surcharge £43."

60 microgrammes (μg) per 100 ml is 0.06 milligrams (mg) per 100 ml. I generate more than that amount of alcohol every time I gargle with mouthwash :shrug:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I used to know a lad called Ivor. The trouble was that his surname was Gunn.

I was horrified when someone planned to call their newborn son Elijah, but I don't really know how unusual it is in these days.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
there's a lad/bloke called Ivor Biggun who lives near me (i have no idea btw, before you ask)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oh yeah, a bloke at work, PhD graduate was born in London to Indian parents who though that Ford Prefect.....no, if only. They thought that a cracking name for their lad would be.......Pratish.

We have tried saying 'Prateeeesh' till we are blue in the face, but....:shootself

First day of a contract once, I was told to make myself known to my opposite number in the development team, one Pretty Paddy. Turned out to be a particularly surly Indian fellow whose name of course was spelt nothing like that.

Oh, and on another contract one of our end users revelled in the magnificent surname Furniturewalla :lol:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
It's actually Nye , but Taybha doesn't get a point as the sneaky sausage worked with him .

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Having worked in customer services for many years, I've come across a variety of amusing names. By far the worst has to be Richard Head who went one step further by calling his son 'Dickon' - I kid you not.
The other unfortunate one was a lady called Emma who married a Mr Royds. Completely true!

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
My Mrs swears she dealt with someone who’d named the latest addition to their litter Red.
Unusual, but when you know the family name was Dring.... :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here